cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager

Error when running librealsense examples

Issue Type: bug?

Summary: When I try to run any of the librealsense examples on the Aero board I get an error. I have updated both the bios and the OS to the latest

Description:

in usr/share/librealsense/examples/cpp-multicam

Starting Intel RealSense R200 .... Done

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'

what(): VIDIOC_DQBUF error 19, No such device

Component affected: Realsense camera

BIOS Version: Exmaple: Aero-01.00.03

it says there are 1 connected realsense devices. For some examples 2 images show up for a split second and then it crashes.

Thank you

Sebastian

8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Sebastian,

Thanks for reaching out!

Thank you for reporting this behavior. Please let us investigate what might be happening, if we are able to find something useful, we'll make sure to post it here.

-Peter.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Can you please confirm you have the latest BIOS installed? You can check the Bios version by doing the following:

Restart Board and press "Esc" when the boot splash image is displayed.

Select "Setup Utility"

What is the InsydeH20 Version?

The InsydeH20 Version should be Aero-0.1.00.11 which is the latest. What is the output of the following command?

cat /etc/version

Also, it is not very clear to me how you are connecting the R200. The Intel Aero Vision Accessory Kit includes an R200 that connects to the interface labeled (5) according to the https://software.intel.com/sites/default/files/managed/25/d5/Intel-Aero-Compute-Board-Getting-Starte... Getting Started Document. Is this the setup that you have?

Can you send a picture of how you are connecting the R200 camera.

What is the output of dmesg | grep uvc.

Let me know.

-Peter.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi thank you for the reply.

I have reflashed the bios and the os

The bios version is Aero-0.1.00.11

cat /etc/version

That is correct, I am using the connector labeled 5 on the document (see attached picture)

The weird thing is that the first time I run ./cpp_tutorial_2_streams the images pop up for 1 sec after which it crashes and I do not see the realsense anymore. It might be a defective realsense camera?

and the output of dmesg | grep uvc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Sebastian,

Thank you for providing us this information, it will be of much help.

It is a possibility that the R200 is damaged, however, it is too soon to determine this. Please let me analyze the data you provided us. I'll try to get back to you as quickly as possible.

-Peter.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Sebastian,

I am unable to reproduce this issue. I've read in some threads that the camera could not be getting enough power.

Are you using the provided power supply?

Please try to re-flash the BIOS and the Image of your board and let us know how it goes.

If that does not work, I suggest you to contact http://click.intel.com/ click.intel.com for a camera replacement.

Let me know how it goes.

-Peter.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Sebastian,

Do you have any updates about this?

-Peter.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

I re-flashed the BIOS and Image however I was unable to get it to work. I have contacted customer support for a replacement. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Thanks for the help

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Thank you for letting us know. Hopefully you don't have any further issues with the replacement. Nevertheless, if you do, please don't hesitate to come back to the community. We'll do our best to help you.

-Peter.
0 Kudos