cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JGome26
New Contributor I

Flying Aero using Dronekit

Jump to solution

Hello, I was wondering how exactly flying the Intel Aero using Dronekit or any API works. I know it sends it the mavlink messages and gives it a waypoint and it would go to that point but what I noticed is that the when trying to fly the Aero using Dronekit that the controller has to be turned on and connected to the Aero for it to arm and takeoff. Wouldn't that interfere with the mavlink command. If the Aero is flying to the waypoint and I adjust something in terms of the throttle or yaw, would that affect the mission or not. Is the controller meant to be paired in order to act as a failsafe measure if something were to go wrong with the Aero mission. Thank you

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
idata
Community Manager

Hi JorgeG,

Thank you for your patience.

Since dronekit communicates with the flight controller, it will have a different behavior when running dronekit with PX4 or Ardupilot. In order to stop the drone from executing the missions, you will need to toggle on/off the AUTO mode switch.

Considering that this is a dronekit specific question, it can be better addressed by dronekit support team.

You can find more information here:

http://python.dronekit.io/about/index.html

Regards,

Alexandra

View solution in original post

4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi JorgeG,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero drone.

Please let me look into it and I will get back to you later.

Regards,

Alexandra
idata
Community Manager

Hi JorgeG,

Thank you for your patience.

Since dronekit communicates with the flight controller, it will have a different behavior when running dronekit with PX4 or Ardupilot. In order to stop the drone from executing the missions, you will need to toggle on/off the AUTO mode switch.

Considering that this is a dronekit specific question, it can be better addressed by dronekit support team.

You can find more information here:

http://python.dronekit.io/about/index.html

Regards,

Alexandra

View solution in original post

JGome26
New Contributor I

Thank you for the information. So just to make sure, if I program the Aero with a mission and have it take off autonomously using any API, if I try to control it using the remote control, it will not influence the mission of the drone unless if I switch off the Auto mode.

idata
Community Manager

Hello JorgeG,

I haven't tested this myself, I would recommend checking it with the dronekit community for an accurate answer.

Regards,

Alexandra