I have iterest on the aero drone, this platform oriented to programmers is a very good idea.
Before to purhase it i need to resolve some few basic question:
1) It is posible to connect a 915mhz telemetry module to the drone
and the base module to the notebook running mission planner http://ardupilot.org/planner/ or QGroundControl
2) It is possible to change the GPS antenna for other with RTK,
and send the RTK correction messages for the base station conected to the
notebook over the 915MHZ telemetry module:
Correction messages diagram flow:
GPS RTK base =>Notebook => Base Telemetry module => copter telemetry module => GPS MODULE
3) Te copter will have a camera, In the mission planner planify way points
where that be triggered, is there any conections sample of it ?
4) Wich is the payload capacity, it is possible to load a NVIDIA JETSON TX2
I let some links to clarify what i want to do:
1) Connect a GPS WITH RTK
2) 915MHZ radio telemetry
3) camera trigger:
DO commands to execute specific actions (for example taking pictures),
1. The radio telemetry hasn't been tested, let me take a look and I will get back to you.
2. If the module is sending NMEA 0183 format GPS data then you can simply disconnect the GPS and use this module. The external compass is powered by the same connector as the GPS, so you would need to adapt the connector to keep providing power to the GPS/compass. PX4 should be able to read the data from this module at any frequency.
https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/issues/303# issuecomment-361649979 https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/issues/303# issuecomment-361649979
3. I need to take a look at it first.
4. Are you talking about the weight? If yes, you can find more information here
Regarding your first question, connecting a 915 MHz telemetry module to the telemetry port on the Aero RTF Drone should send the flight controller telemetry data to the ground module.
Regarding your third question, on Aero, the cameras will be connected to the compute board and you will need to write a program to listen to the mavlink-router messages (MISSION_ITEM_REACHED) and trigger the camera from there. Here is a basic python example that you can use:
Let me know if you have further questions.