Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Get UART right after board reset

Hi friends,

The situation I've got is:

-- On my Intel Joule board, I can immediately get UART working after the board resets. So I can even configure BIOS from my minicom.

-- However, the above doesn't work on my aero board. The minicom won't be active until the Linux on the board finishes booting.

I wonder:

-- What makes this difference?

-- I found an option in the BIOS: Setup Utility -> Advanced -> Console Redirection -> Terminal Type. The default value is VT_100. Should I change it to PC_ANSI? I hesitated to try this out coz I don't want to redirect my console to somewhere I don't have access to...

Thanks a lot!

Tom.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Aero™ Platform for UAVs.

I understand what you are trying to explain. Please let us investigate if it is possible to activate the minicom while the Aero is booting.

We appreciate your patience, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Tom,

Looking at the Aero Compute Board Hardware Guide , it seems like the HSUART is meant to be used to connect other devices such as an external flight controller. We would encourage you to use the HDMI in order to interact with the Aero Board.

Now, is there any particular reason that you wish to interact with the Board through a UART connection?

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the reply! It's just because I've got only one monitor, which is being used by my desktop and I want to go into BIOS every time it boots coz I want to boot from a USB drive.

It's fine. I guess I'll just get another monitor.

Thanks,

Tom.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Tom,

We are here to help! If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
0 Kudos