Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Getting Started with the board

I just received the intel aero board along with the vision kit and I really have no clue how to configure the bard to start using the board and the kit. I have looked at the wiki page but I am still confused on where to start. I just need help understanding the directions on the wiki page. Thanks!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi As2399,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Aero Platform.

We're happy that you have already received the Intel Aero compute module along with the vision kit. We would like to know if the wiki page you have mentioned is this: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki, also, if you have looked at the https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/Quickstart-Guide# prepare-usb-installer-linux Quickstart Guide. Have you followed this guide?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi As2399,

We would like to know if you have looked at the links provided above and also if those help you with your concern. Let us know if you still need assistance.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I have looked at the links, I am having serious trouble with writing the disk image for the yocto on to my usb and the disk image for the intel aero to the usb. WHenever i put in this code to write the image,

sudo $HOME/source/poky/scripts/contrib/mkefidisk.sh HOST_DEVICE \

tmp/deploy/images/intel-corei7-64/core-image-minimal-intel-corei7-64.hddimg TARGET_DEVICE

I get a unfound directory message.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

I am also having trouble because when I put the

tmp/deploy/images/intel-corei7-64/core-image-minimal-intel-corei7-64.hddimg TARGET_DEVICE

line of code on, i get a message that says command not found als, i dont know what exactly to replace host device and target device with

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi As2399,

Please let us investigate about it, and as soon as we find useful information we'll let you know.

We'll appreciate your patience during the meantime.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi As2399,

Please consider this for the command:

"…In the previous command, HOST_DEVICE is the device node on the build host (e.g. /dev/sdc or /dev/mmcblk0). TARGET_DEVICE is the name of the device as the board sees it (e.g. /dev/sda or /dev/mmcblk0)..."

Also, we would like to know which steps you have followed up until this point.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi As2399,

We would like to know if you have any update or need more assistance.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi As2399,

We would like to know if you have any update or need more assistance.

Regards,

-Yermi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Yes I still am not getting the command to work. Nothing I have tried is working and it is very frustratin, is there any chance I can set up a phone for some help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi As2399,

We're sorry that the command is not working yet, we have noticed that you have this other thread open: , and there you are asking for the same issue mentioned here, in order to give you a better assistance we'll work your case in only one thread, please keep checking that thread ( ).

We would like to let you know that we can only offer you support by email or community. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Regards,

-Yermi
0 Kudos