Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CLee66
Beginner

H.265 hardware encoder support ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Because we didn't found the Intel Z8700 datasheet on the Intel Aero Platform UAVs WiKi, so we tried to download it from here : http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/atom-z8000-datasheet-vol-1.pd... http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/atom-z8000-datasheet-vol-1.pd...

According to this document p.17 media section shown on below, we didn't see there's any information about the H.265 encode rate, is that means the Z8700/Aero do not provide the H.265 hardware encoder function ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hi frankcylee,

I've checked it and the H.265 is not supported yet, however we are working on it and it might be included in the future.

Right now, that's all the information I could find. Hope you find it helpful, if you have any more technical questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

-Jose

View solution in original post

5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi frankcylee,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Platform for UAV's.

We are currently investigating this issue, I'm sorry for the delay we will be back to you as soon as we have an answer regarding the H.265 encoder functionality. If there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.

Regards

-Jose.

idata
Community Manager

Hi frankcylee,

I've checked it and the H.265 is not supported yet, however we are working on it and it might be included in the future.

Right now, that's all the information I could find. Hope you find it helpful, if you have any more technical questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

-Jose

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Thanks for the info. Anything to reduce the bit rate over the air, and hardware to reduce latency, is very welcomed. Keep working!

idata
Community Manager

Hi frankcylee,

Sure, we are working on it. Please stay tuned at the community because every update will be announce here.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
CLee66
Beginner

Hi Jose,

Thanks, look forward to the good news.

BR//CY