cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Hardware synchronization between flight controller and companion board

Hi,

I am working with Intel Aero RTF. Is there a way to synchronize the clock between the flight controller and the companion board in order to shift the time-stamp coming from the MAVLINK message into the companion board time domain?

As far as I read, there is a way to synchronize them via TIMESYNC MAVLINK message but I am looking for more accurate way via hardware signals. Is it possible?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Humam,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Platform. Let me check with the engineering team if this is possible. I will let you know as soon as I have more information.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Humam,

This is not possible as there are not extra pins available for this purpose. It may be possible to reconfigure the FPGA to re-purpose some existing signal from the flight controller but I am not sure if this will cause other uncertainties in the clock timing. This scenario has not been tested nor validated.

I suggest you to do the synchronization via TIMESYNC MAVLINK message and check with the PX4 community if the accuracy can be improved.

Regards,

Jesus
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi, Humam

Do you still need help with this issue?

Regards,

Alexandra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you very much. I just forget to mark the reply as an answer.

0 Kudos