cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BHU6
Beginner

How to change the default takeoff altitude

Hi,

When I use the code to control RTF. It always fly to 20 meters and then to the target altitude.

How to change it?Are there have any ways to let RTF takeoff slowly?like controlled by RC?

vehicle._master.mav.command_long_send(vehicle._master.target_system, vehicle._master.target_component,

mavutil.mavlink.MAV_CMD_NAV_TAKEOFF, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, aTargetAltitude)

Thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Philipbinbin,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel RTF drone.

We would like to let you know that custom codes are out of our support scope, however, we'd like to try to help you with your issue.

Could you please provide us more details regarding your issue? Which steps have you followed? Please provide as many details as possible, also if you can share the code you are using.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

-Yermi A.

idata
Community Manager

Hi,

Could you please provide the information requested above?

Regards,

-Yermi A.

BHU6
Beginner

Hi Yermi,

I used the QGC to connected the RTF. When pressed the takeoff button, the RTF moved to about 15 meters altitude and then moved to the 2 meters altitude.

Bin

idata
Community Manager

Please let me investigate a little bit more and as soon as I have useful information I'll let you know

Regards,

-Yermi A.

idata
Community Manager

Hi philipbinbin,

Thanks for your patience.

We have tested the takeoff feature on QGroundControl with the Aero RTF and did not observed any irregular behavior. The drone took off at 1.5 meters/s until it reached an altitude of 2.5 meters altitude which is the minimum altitude. Once it's hovering, the altitude can be changed.

We recommend updating to the software image 1.4 and updating the flight controller firmware which is included in the new image. Once the drone is updated, please do a full frame reset and calibrate the drone prior to flying.

To adjust the takeoff speed, you can change the parameter MPC_TKO_SPEED. Please note that changing parameters should only be done by advance users and may lead to issues. We recommend contacting PX4 prior to making changes.

A list of the official reference of parameters for PX4 can be found here: https://dev.px4.io/en/advanced/parameter_reference.html https://dev.px4.io/en/advanced/parameter_reference.html

Regards,

-Yermi A.