cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IBusy
Beginner

How to connect to the QGroundControl?

Hi there,

I have a problem in my drone. I used aero RTF drone, why this drone can't connect to the QgroundControl application? The wifi of drone was connected to my pc, but on the QGC application still write "Waiting for vehicle connection...". I have flashed this drone, but still not connect to the QGC application. What the solution?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Bys,

Can you please provide the output of the get_aero_version.py command? The latest release requires an update to the BIOS, FPGA and Flight Controller which is all included in the Image.

If all the software is up-to-date, make sure your computer is not blocking the communication between the drone and the QGroundControl software.

Regards,

Jesus
Adrian_C_Intel
Employee

I am also seeing the same thing right now. My information is:

BIOS_VERSION = Aero-01.00.13

OS_VERSION = Poky Aero (Intel Aero Linux Distro) 1.5.1 (pyro)

AIRMAP_VERSION = 1.8

FPGA_VERSION = 0xc1

I am using QGC v3.2.4 as well. I can connect to the Aero wifi network and ssh into the drone, but when I open QGC I just see "Waiting For Vehicle Connection."

idata
Community Manager

In the past, I have noticed my firewall blocking the connection between QGroundControl and the Aero RTF Drone. Can you try to disable the firewall or any similar programs on your computer?

When you flashed the Aero FPGA did you use the following command?

jam -aprogram /etc/fpga/aero-rtf.jam

Regards,

Jesus
Adrian_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Jesus,

Yes I did disable the firewall and I did use that same command to flash the FPGA. Just tried it again to verify and my output from aero-get-version.py is still the same:

FPGA_VERSION = 0xc1

Adrian_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Jesus,

I tried QGC from a Linux machine that is not configured as an internal PC build and it looks like the connection is now working. There must be some additional security software on my Windows machine that is not allowing the connection. Just an FYI.

idata
Community Manager

yoshiioko,

I am glad it is now working for you!

Bys,

Hope this information helps, let me know if it works for you too.

Regards,

Jesus
IBusy
Beginner

Yoshiikoo, Jesus,

Thank you for reply my question.

Now, Finally I have Succeeded. I use OS Version 1.5.1, it's not work to connect to QGC. Then I try use OS Version 1.4, it's working to connect to the QGC.

My Information is :

BIOS_VERSION = Aero-01.00.12_Prod

OS_VERSION = Poky Aero (Intel Aero Linux Distro) 1.4.0 (pyro)"

AIRMAP_VERSION = 1.8

FPGA_VERSION = 0xc0

and then I follow this command:

$ cd /etc/fpga

$ jam -aprogram aero-rtf.jam

To make sure FPGA version is still 0xC0 please run below command,

$ aero-get-version.py

After this can you try updating FC,

$ cd /etc/px4-fw

$ aerofc-update.sh nuttx-aerofc-v1-default.px4

idata
Community Manager

Hi Bys,

When you were using software v1.5.1 did you also do a BIOS, FPGA and FC update? With the new software release v1.5.1 it is required to update all components.

Bios and image can be found here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27019/Intel-Aero-Platform-for-UAVs-Installation-Files

The FPGA and FC firmware is included in the image. Did you follow the instructions on the wiki?

https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-Setup

Regards,

Jesus

IBusy
Beginner

Jesus,

I have followed all the instructions in https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-Setup https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-Setup

but I can't flash the FC, the system show like this:

And I try OS Version 1.4, then finally I can flash the FC.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Bys,

That is very strange! Can you provide the output of the jam -aprogram /etc/fpga/aero-rtf.jam command?

Regards,

Jesus