Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobinX
Novice

How to contact the customer support for repairing/replacement?

Our lab bought an Intel Aero drone in last November on Newegg, and several sensors including GPS are not working properly. I have post this problem on this forum but sadly, I tried every solution provided by your reply. I am looking into have an official tech support to suspect it and request an RMA. Please tell me who should I contact for further requirement. Thank you.

10 Replies

Hi RobinX, Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Drone. Can you please confirm you are referring to this post https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P000049wJpU/qgc-error-no-mag-sensor-0-no-gps-signal-sensors-... ? If the Airframe reset didn't work for you, maybe the magnetometer is not properly connected. Try running the command ls /dev/ in Mavlink Console, and if the magnetometer ist8310_ext doesn't show up in the list, it means it is a hardware issue and you have to ensure your external GPS/mag is properly connected. Regards, Alexandra
RobinX
Novice

I can ensure that there is nothing wrong with the connection, I connected the GPS which is on this drone to another Intel Aero drone, it totally not worked.

RobinX
Novice

BTW, ist8310_ext and mag0 are both missing.

RobinX
Novice

ls.PNG

Hi RobinX, You can contact the place of purchase to ask about a replacement. Since you have a second drone, can you connect the GPS antenna from the working drone to the one in question? If the second GPS module works on the Aero drone , then I recommend you to order GPS module. http://us.yuneec.com/Aero-Drone-GPS-compass-module Regards, Alexandra
RobinX
Novice

We purchased it on Newegg, and they asked us to contact Intel. We tried to connect the working GPS antenna to this drone, but it didn't work. But when we connect the non-working GPS antenna to the other drone, it didn't work also... I am confused now.

Hi RobinX, Since you connected the GPS from Aero to another drone and it didn't work with that one either, it means that the GPS module is broken. Can you give me more details about the working GPS you tried on the Aero drone? Is it sending NMEA 0183 format GPS data? Regards, Alexandra
RobinX
Novice

Thanks for your reply. So how can I check it? Through MAVLink?

Hi RobinX, I believe I misunderstood your message. Can you confirm you have two Aero RTF Drones and the GPS module you tested is the same GPS module on the drone in question? Also, please try the following to ensure FPGA is not corrupted • jam -aprogram aero-rtf-recovery.jam • power down the board • power on the board • aerofc-update.sh • jam -aprogram aero-rtf.jam Afterwards please try to re-flash the flight controller and send the output of get-aero-version.py Regards, Alexandra

Hi RobinX, Do you still need help with his issue? Regards, Alexandra