Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

How to install librealsense on yocto (intel aero 1.5.1)

Hello, good after, I have a question, how to install librealsense on yocto aero board 1.5.1?

I recently installed CMake and opencv source code with Cmake (I Install Opencv With CMake)

and I tried to install librealsense but I can't do this because is show me the following error

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Mario,

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.

I know you also contacted us regarding the Aero 1.6 version , so please let me know if you're able to install the library after updating.

Regards,

Octavian
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you for the information Octavian.

But before that I tried these, do you think that cmake is the solution?

Because I dont understand the documentation for linux installation

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense GitHub - IntelRealSense/librealsense: Intel® RealSense™ SDK

When I click on linux, it sends me to the following link and I really do not know how to install librealsense's library.

https://travis-ci.org/IntelRealSense/librealsense Travis CI - Test and Deploy Your Code with Confidence

That's why I was doing it with the cmake but it marks me that error, this is the correct way to install librealsense in yocto? If not, what would be the correct way to do it?

Regards Mario

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello again.

I tried again install librealsense with CMake but its the same problem with yocto 1.6 version.

Thank you.

Regards Mario.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

An apology for so many questions but there are many ways to go but you are the expert in this, so I wanted to ask you the following questions:

I have a project with autonomous drones and my part of the job is the vision of the drone, my vision module has to communicate with the fligth controller ie with the px4 and these two componenetes will communicate through mavlink but I have problems installing some repositories among other things as with the librealsense, so I wanted to ask you if you could run the librealsense and install some other repositories in a docker image and put it in yocto, do you think that would be a good idea?

I would really appreciate the answer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Mario,

You can install a docker image and run it on Yocto as you mentioned. If you are developing on Aero, I would suggest installing Ubuntu. With Ubuntu, you can install librealsense and develop your RealSense application.

You can find instructions on the Aero Wiki:

https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/90-(References)-OS-user-Installation

The guide also shows instruction on how to configure the mavlink router, installing librealsense, and configuring the Aero. Hope this helps!

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you so much, this is very useful Jesus.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Again Jesus.The information was very useful,

I have already installed ubuntu and the repositories but at the moment of running the following command ls / dev / video * only 3 devices appear and not 13 as the documentation indicates, this indicates that I installed badly I did wrong the boot of the kernel, but I do not understand I do not see the 13, install the image that comes in the link and followed all the steps, why should I only see 3 video devices?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

It looks like you booted into the wrong Kernel. The kernel should so 4.4.76-aero-....

As mentioned in the Checks section of the guide: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/90-(References)-OS-user-Installation# checks

By default, this kernel is selected to boot. When you power on the Aero at the boot loader screen do not change it, just let it boot. If that does not work, make sure you installed the repo correctly and the aero-system was installed correctly as well.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you Jesus for the information

I have a question, the kernel varies according to the operating system? I have installed on the board only ubuntu 14.03 Desktop and delete the aero system that was installed since it says the documentation that I can install ubuntu, in this case what should I do?

Regards Mario

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Mario,

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. The Aero guide on Installing Ubuntu uses version 16.04.3.

Once you install Ubuntu, you need to install the Aero specific packages and the Kernel version should display:

Linux frelon 4.4.76-aero-1.2 # 1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Nov 6 19:42:57 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you so much Jesus.

I have an other question, my question is about what parameters does the flight controller receive to tell the rotors where to move? what happens is that I have advanced in a vision module so that the drone can land seeing a point of interest with the camera in such a way that what is captured in the camera becomes information that serves the fligth controller to start descending at the specified point of interest, do I send coordinates? or what can I send to the fligth controller to do such an action?

I'm working with the pyrealsense with opencv (python) library

Regards Mario
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Mario,

We have gone a little off topic for this thread. Let's start a new thread for any new questions that are not specifically related to the original post.

In regards to the last question on this thread, you can use PyMAVLINK or dronekit to send commands to the flight system. Take a look at the wiki - Autonomous drone programming in Python for examples.

https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/04-Autonomous-drone-programming-in-Python

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

I want to do some image processing for my senior design project. I currently have the Yokto system installed and I can not install OpenCV or Pyrealsense.

Firstly, you seem to have installed OpenCV, can you teach me how you did that ?

Secondly, would you recommend continuing with Yokto or should I switch over to Ubunto ?

Thank you,

Abdullah Al Obaidi

0 Kudos