cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMadi
New Contributor I

Incorrect CPU GPIO mapping

Jump to solution

On the https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/94-(References)-Sensors-GPIOs-LEDs-CAN-bus 94 (References) Sensors GPIOs LEDs CAN bus · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero Wiki · GitHub page, the CPU GPIO mapping is listed as:

Processor GPIO NameKernel GPIO # CPU_GPIO_01GPIO-350CPU_GPIO_02GPIO-481CPU_GPIO_03GPIO-485CPU_GPIO_04GPIO-348CPU_GPIO_05GPIO-487CPU_GPIO_06Power OffCPU_GPIO_07GPIO-319

In the Intel® Aero Compute Board Hardware Features and Usage Rev 1.0 manual, they are listed as:

Processor GPIO NameKernel GPIO # CPU_GPIO_01GPIO-486CPU_GPIO_02GPIO-350CPU_GPIO_03GPIO-481<span style="display: inline !important; float: none; backg...
0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
idata
Community Manager

Hello Dan,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will work with the appropriate team to fix the documentation.

With the Aero compute board, you can access CPU_GPIO_01, CPU_GPIO_03, and CPU_GPIO_04 from the "J1" Power board port on the 80-pin accessories connector. The CPU_GPIOs can be set by exporting the gpio486, gpio481, gpio487 on the Linux consoles with the following commands:

echo 481 > /sys/class/gpio/export

echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio481 /direction

echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio481 /value

echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio481 /value

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Octavian

View solution in original post

3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello Dan,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will work with the appropriate team to fix the documentation.

With the Aero compute board, you can access CPU_GPIO_01, CPU_GPIO_03, and CPU_GPIO_04 from the "J1" Power board port on the 80-pin accessories connector. The CPU_GPIOs can be set by exporting the gpio486, gpio481, gpio487 on the Linux consoles with the following commands:

echo 481 > /sys/class/gpio/export

echo out > /sys/class/gpio/gpio481 /direction

echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio481 /value

echo 0 > /sys/class/gpio/gpio481 /value

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Octavian

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Hello Dan,

Do you require any more assistance with this issue?

Regards,

Octavian
DMadi
New Contributor I

No, thank you. I just thought Intel should know that their documentation doesn't appear to match the hardware. BTW, we also noticed that after updating the BIOS using a soft reboot, the aero-get-version.py utility reports the new BIOS version, but the BIOS doesn't really seem to take effect until the next power cycle of the board (i.e., the CPU GPIO fixed by the 01.00.16 BIOS update don't become available until after a hard reboot).

Thanks again.

Regards,

Dan