Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDiam3
Beginner

Increasing frame rate of downwards facing camera

I've connected a rangefinder and now I'm attempting to run the pre-installed optical flow binary on the drone. When I type "systemctl status aero-optical-flow", I get a series of error messages that "FPS below minimum." The frame rate hovers around 59/60 fps, but the minimum required by the optical flow binary seems to be 70fps. Is there any way to manually increate the frame rate of the downward facing camera?

"get-aero-version.py" returns the following:

BIOS_VERSION = Aero-01.00.13

OS_VERSION = Poky Aero (Intel Aero linux distro) v1.6.0 (pyro)

AIRMAP_VERSION = 1.8

FPGA_VERSION = 0xc2

Aero FC Firmware Version = 1.6.5

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi, Jeffrey95

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

Please tell me if when using v1.6.1 you get the same errors.

Could you tell me what sensor you are using?

Also, the optical flow source code is available here: https://github.com/intel-aero/aero-optical-flow/tree/master/src https://github.com/intel-aero/aero-optical-flow/tree/master/src

Regards,

Alexandra
JDiam3
Beginner

Yes I'm still getting this error when I upgrade to 1.6.1

JDiam3
Beginner

It's the downward facing camera.

JDiam3
Beginner

I just conducted the same refrigeration experiment as mentioned in this thread: . When sitting at room temperature, the downward facing camera has poor quality in the right portion frame of the image and the frame rate decays well below 70 fps (required for optical flow). However, when I put the drone in a fridge, the image quality and the frame rate increases. After ~5 minutes in the fridge, nominal camera behavior is regained. This definitely seems to be a thermal issue...

ARega
Beginner

Any news on a solution? I am having the same problem. I had a thought that decreasing the resolution of the downward-facing camera would increase the FPS. Do you know if this is possible at all?

Kind Regards,

Andrew