cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RKura
New Contributor I

Installing librealsense on Ubuntu

Hello,

I am trying to install librealsense on my ubuntu laptop. I am following the instructions in https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/doc/installation.md librealsense/installation.md at master · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

I am not seeing the library and header files in the expected directories. I did not hit any errors along the way. I installed cmake using https://askubuntu.com/questions/355565/how-to-install-latest-cmake-version-in-linux-ubuntu-from-comm... c++ - How to install latest cmake version in Linux/Ubuntu from command line? - Ask Ubuntu

Compiling in Eclipse gives errors that the rs.h is not found and llibrealsense is not found.

I am trying to compile the AeeroStream program at https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-aero-realsense-streaming-rgb-depth-data# _Toc467619798 Intel® Aero Compute Board and Intel® RealSense™ Technology for Wi-Fi* Streaming of RGB and Depth Data | Intel® Software

Need some help.

Thanks

Rohan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
RKura
New Contributor I

I noticed in the instructions at https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/doc/installation.md librealsense/installation.md at master · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub

Library Build Process

librealsense employs CMake as a cross-platform build and project management system. Navigate to librealsense root directory and run (what location is this ? ). I have been running it out of /home/.

RKura
New Contributor I

I think it was a naming issue. I recreated the symlink and it seems to compile fine now. Sorry for the trouble.

I am now going to run this on the compute board.

Thanks

Rohan

idata
Community Manager

Hi rohanK23,

I'm glad to know that you were able to install librealsense! Please let us know if any questions come up.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
RKura
New Contributor I

Hi Jose,

When I ran the AeroStream program from my board I got the following error (note that I do not have a camera attached to the board at the moment but the error "uvcvideo kernel module is not loaded" looks like some package is missing). I am assuming on the Intel compute board, everything is installed (including librealsense and GStreamer and kernel patches that are needed for this) so when I run the program, it should have worked or detected "no camera". Can you please advice ?

root@intel-aero:/home/AeroIntelStream/Debug# ./AeroIntelStream 192.168.8.2

rs_error was raised when calling rs_create_context( api_version:11201 ):

uvcvideo kernel module is not loaded

rs_error was raised when calling rs_enable_stream( device:0, stream:DEPTH, width:640, height:480, format:Z16, framerate:60 ):

null pointer passed for argument "device"

error: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set in the environment.

libva info: VA-API version 0.39.0

libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0

libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/dri/i965_drv_video.so

libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_0_39

libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0

(AeroIntelStream:981): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_memory_new_wrapped: assertion 'data != NULL' failed

(AeroIntelStream:981): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_mini_object_lock: assertion 'object != NULL' failed

Segmentation fault

Thanks

Rohan

idata
Community Manager

Hi Rohan,

I noticed that you have another thread opened , in there Andres already provided you with an answer. It seems like the error is because you need to have the Vision Kit connected before you run the program AeroStream.

Hope you find this information useful, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
RKura
New Contributor I

Thanks Jose. Can you please check with Andres or reply yourself to my last question in that thread regarding "Navigate to the librealsense root directory" ?

Thanks

Rohan

idata
Community Manager

Hi Rohan,

Andres has already replied at . I would encourage you to keep the support through that thread and if you have any other questions, please post them in here and I will be happy to help.

Now, regarding your question "What does navigate to the librealsense root directory means?" After you have installed libusb-1.0, pkg-config and glfw3. A librealsense directory should be created, navigate means just to run the command cd librealsense.

Have a great weekend!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
RKura
New Contributor I

Hi Jose,

After I install libusb-1.0, pkg-config and glfw3, no librealsense directory is created. I am running the sudo apt-get install's from my home directory. An ls after that shows no librealsense directory. Please advise.

best

Rohan

idata
Community Manager

Hi Rohan,

If no directory is created, please use the command git clone https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense.git GitHub - IntelRealSense/librealsense: Cross-platform camera capture for Intel® RealSense™ F200, SR300 and R200 , then a librealsense directory should be created. Continue following the steps in https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/blob/master/doc/installation.md librealsense/installation.md at master · IntelRealSense/librealsense · GitHub and let me know if you encounter any errors.

Hope you find this information useful, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
RKura
New Contributor I

Thanks Jose. I will try this out. I will let you know how it goes.

Question:

This just needs to be done on my ubuntu workstation. I do not need to do these steps on the compute board or RTF since librealsense is already installed there. Correct ?

best

Rohan

RKura
New Contributor I

Hi Jose,

The install on my ubuntu workstation worked. Can you confirm this ?

Question:

This just needs to be done on my ubuntu workstation. I do not need to do these steps on the compute board or RTF since librealsense is already installed there. Correct ?

best

Rohan

idata
Community Manager

Hi Rohan,

Yes, these steps only need to be done on your Ubuntu workstation, the Aero image already has the librealsense incorporated.

We will be waiting for your results, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
RKura
New Contributor I

Thanks Jose. The install worked on my ubuntu workstation.

I do not have the vision Accessrory kit yet (expect to receive it this week). Once I get it , I will connect it to the board and test it out.

best

Rohan

idata
Community Manager

Hi Rohan,

I'm glad to know that you were able to install librealsense on your Ubuntu workstation! Once you have your Vision Kit, please don't hesitate to contact us if any questions come up.

We hope you have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.