Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel Aero Drone commands to move motors

I have set up the Intel Aero drone. However there is no instructions on how to move the drone. I have no control over the motors besides the remote control. What is the code for moving the drone?

I am interested in any commands for take-off and landing, as well as lateral and vertical motion.

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor II

intel_jassowski,

Thank you for your patience and help .

MAV_MODE enumeration (IDs) is in this http://docs.ros.org/jade/api/mavlink/html/include__v0_89_2mavlink__types_8h_source.html link.

I have something strange. The default flight mode is Hold. When I try to change it to Manual, It is still hold (either by code or by QGC).

When I try to set offboard, I get the following message : "set flight mode command temporary rejected" .

Could you please tell me which version of PX4 firmware do you use? I am using the one that come with the latest Aero OS and in the wiki they say "The current release of Intel Aero includes the recommended version for PX4".

Is it possible to upload a short file contains code you have tried it on your own drone. That may help me to figure out where is the problem.?

Regards,

Soubhi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Soubhi,

I wrote some code according your.

The drone take off about 20 meters and the mode always is "takeoff" from the QGC.

The drone can not be controlled by other commands. only for land.

takeoff:

vehicle._master.mav.command_long_send(vehicle._master.target_system, vehicle._master.target_component,

mavutil.mavlink.MAV_CMD_NAV_TAKEOFF, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, wp.lat, wp.lon, aTargetAltitude)

move:

vehicle._master.mav.command_long_send(vehicle._master.target_system, vehicle._master.target_component,

mavutil.mavlink.MAV_CMD_NAV_WAYPOINT, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, wp.lat, wp.lon,

wp.alt)

Bin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Thank you.

Actually I moved to Ardupilot firmware with C++ and everything is good.

Thank you.

Soubhi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Soubhi,

Would you like give me some suggestions to control the Drone?

Are you use the Inter RTF?

I tried multiple ways, all failed.

Thank you.

Bin

0 Kudos