Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Intel aero waypoint - QGC failing to send mission waypoints

Hi

I have seen others also face this issue -

When try to add waypoints for navigation the Qgroundcontrol is not able to send the waypoint to the intel aero and continuously fails due to Operation timeout error.

Other solutions have been to switch to ardupilot firmware, but this should work with px4 also.

Any fixes for this issue?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Ambika_Verma,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Ready to Fly drone.

We are currently investigating your query and will get back at you as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Eliza
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Ambika_Verma,

Thank you for your patience.

Please upgrade your PX4 Firmware to version 1.8.0.

You can find the latest release here: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/releases.

Please make sure that you follow the instructions on Flashing the Flight Controller from: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-setup# flashing-the-flight-controller-rtf-only

After upgrading the firmware, please do an Airframe reset. Instructions on how to do that can be found here: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-setup# calibration-1

Please let me know in case I can assist you with anything else!

Thank you in advance,

Eliza
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Ambika_Verma,

Could you please let me know if the instructions provided were useful or if I can assist you with anything else?

Thank you in advance,

Eliza
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Eliza

Thanks. updating the version did fix this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

Can you give me some guidance about how to update the latestest px4 firmware? I'm using ubuntu 16.04, and I'm just not familiar about how to do it. I already git clone the latest px4 firmware to the drone's board computer, but when I use the command "make intel_aerofc-v1_default", I can not compile it. So where is the px4 firmware 1.6.5 file directory on the drone's board? Can I just change the firmware file to the latest one and then use the commander "cd /etc/aerofc/ardupilot/

aerofc-update.sh arducopter-aerofc-v1.px4

"?

Thnaks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

I just saw this discussion.

I'm thinking that can you give me some guidance about how to update the latestest px4 firmware? I'm using ubuntu 16.04, and I'm just not familiar about how to do it. I already git clone the latest px4 firmware to the drone's board computer, but when I use the command "make intel_aerofc-v1_default", I can not compile it. So where is the px4 firmware 1.6.5 file directory on the drone's board? Can I just change the firmware file to the latest one and then use the commander "cd /etc/aerofc/ardupilot/

aerofc-update.sh arducopter-aerofc-v1.px4

"?

Thnaks.

0 Kudos