Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Interfacing with Intel Falcon 8+

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm looking to implement some image processing algorithms on the Intel Falcon 8+.

I was wondering if this drone has any APIs that could help me achieve this goal or other alternatives like programming its flight controller or replace its flight controller with an Intel Aero Platform?

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello zedn,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Drones. The Intel Falcon 8+ Drone is a commercial product and we are currently not supporting any development work on it. As you mentioned, the Intel Aero Platform is geared for developers and researchers.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello zedn,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Drones. The Intel Falcon 8+ Drone is a commercial product and we are currently not supporting any development work on it. As you mentioned, the Intel Aero Platform is geared for developers and researchers.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Jesus,

Thank you for the prompt reply!

I understand that the Intel Faclon 8+ is a commercial product but is there a way to read the video stream coming from the drone and use that stream in a third party software (ie. connect an hdmi cable, coax or something from the cockpit to a PC)? How about drone data like GPS or IMU?

Thank you again.

Nick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Nick,

We only support connecting a secondary display to view the video feed via the HDMI port on the Cockpit. The drone data is only displayed on the Cockpit but cannot be exported or used.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Jesus,

Thanks a lot. Can you please share with me the resolution of the video coming out of the HDMI port? Can this be increased?

Have a great day!

0 Kudos