Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Is it possible to connect view from 2 or 3 IA visionery kits ?

Jump to solution

Hi,

the range of a single camera is not enough for me. I need to see everything what's in front of my drone on 2 sides. So that the range of view must be equal or wider than 180 degrees. So my question is : Is is possible to connect together 2 or 3 cameras from IA visionery kit, plug it to one IA compute board and process the image from these cameras. If that was possible i would consider buying IA ready to flight drone to learn how to process image. Are there any software or courses how to do it included ?

Regards

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi luke1,

The Intel Aero Compute Board has only one set of connectors for the cameras included in the Intel Aero Vision Accessory Kit. You can see the connectors location on section 3.2 of the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023602/drones/development-drones.html Intel Aero Compute Board Hardware Features and Usage.
  • RealSense (R200) USB3.0 Camera
  • Front Facing (8MP) Camera
  • Down Facing (VGA) Camera
It may be possible to connect another RealSense Camera to the USB3-OTG port but this has not been validated.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi luke1,

The Intel Aero Compute Board has only one set of connectors for the cameras included in the Intel Aero Vision Accessory Kit. You can see the connectors location on section 3.2 of the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000023602/drones/development-drones.html Intel Aero Compute Board Hardware Features and Usage.
  • RealSense (R200) USB3.0 Camera
  • Front Facing (8MP) Camera
  • Down Facing (VGA) Camera
It may be possible to connect another RealSense Camera to the USB3-OTG port but this has not been validated.

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos