Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Is the Flight Controller UART accessible on the RTF drone?

Jump to solution

Hi,

is there a UART with MAVLink output from the flight controller directly accessible via connector on the RTF drone?

I am aware that it is mapped to the Aero board and I can access it there via software, but I am looking to access it directly via a connector.

Related to this I am not sure if the "80-pin Accessories Connector" that is included with the Aero board is also included with the RTF drone. It features a "telemetry" port which might be what I need. (see attached picture)

Can someone confirm this?

Peter

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Peter8,

The UART from the Flight Controller is accessible from within RTF through /dev/ttyS1. You just need to stop mavlink_router before accessing it, use the command:

$ /etc/init.d/mavlink_router.sh stop

Now, if you want connector access, this can be done through the Telemetry port (UART), it is on the sub-PCB.

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

Leonardo R.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Peter8,

Thank you for contacting us.

Let us investigate more about it, and we will let you know when we have information about this.

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Peter8,

The UART from the Flight Controller is accessible from within RTF through /dev/ttyS1. You just need to stop mavlink_router before accessing it, use the command:

$ /etc/init.d/mavlink_router.sh stop

Now, if you want connector access, this can be done through the Telemetry port (UART), it is on the sub-PCB.

I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,

Leonardo R.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Leonardo,

thanks.

So you confirm that the sub-PCB that is included with the Aero board is also included with the RTF drone?

>Now, if you want connector access, this can be done through the Telemetry port (UART), it is on the sub-PCB.

Can you be a bit more specific on this? Doe "can be done" mean there is already telemetry from the Trinity flight controller on the UART out of the box?

(Or does that mean it can theoretically be done by changing software and/or changing the FPGA/CPU pin mux)?

Peter

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Peter8,

Sorry about that. Yes, it is included.

The telemetry port is currently not being used, so I think you have to implement this.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
0 Kudos