Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAgaz
Beginner

Is the control distance only 300 m?

Planning to get an Intel Aero, but is a little uncertain. The spec claims maximum control range is 300 m. Is it possible to extend that to at least 3 km?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi ragazzi,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero drone.

Please let me look into it and I will get back to you later.

Regards,

Alexandra
idata
Community Manager

Hi ragazzi,

It is not possible to achieve 3 km range with the radio transmitter and receiver included in the RTF drone.

In this thread you may find some useful information about connecting a different receiver: /thread/116917 https://communities.intel.com/thread/116917

Regards,

Alexandra
RAgaz
Beginner

Thank you. I continue this discussion here, since the linked discussion is closed. Can I then replace with Futaba T7C with receiver R617FS? If not, could you advice which other set-up is recommended.

idata
Community Manager

Hi ragazzi,

The current receiver is powered by 3.3 V and the SBUS receivers on the market are powered by 5V, therefore you would need to get the 5V from somewhere else, like the telemetry connector.

It may be possible to use a SBUS receiver by using an external inverter, but this has not been tested with the Aero drone.

Regards,

Alexandra

idata
Community Manager

Hi ragazzi,

Do you still need help with this issue?

Regards,

Alexandra
RAgaz
Beginner

Could you recommend any set-up for extended range?

idata
Community Manager

Hi ragazzi,

Unfortunately we cannot provide a recommended setup as other radio receivers have not been tested with Aero. As long as you follow the previous recommendations, it should work.

Regards,

Alexandra
CClar8
Beginner

Hi Alexandra,

What protocol is used for the receiver of the RTF drone if it is not SBUS? I want to buy a inverter to test but I don't know which type.@

Thanks.

idata
Community Manager

Hi clarence_c,

The receiver in the aero drone uses DSMX protocol, but that is not relevant as long as you want to change it. If you replace the Spektrum receiver in the drone with an SBUS receiver, then you should use an SBUS inverter in order to communicate with the flight controller.

But then again, it hasn't been tested. If you decide to test it, I think you should share your results with the community.

Regards,

Alexandra
CClar8
Beginner

I can't find a useful SBUS inverter. I bought one but it turned the SBUS signal into PPM signal and was not compatible. I guess I will still use the Spektrum controller.