cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Issues running the examples on the Intel Aero RTF Drone

Hello,

I am currently trying to perform autonomous flying development for my but I am having some problems running the examples from the Dronekit repository https://github.com/dronekit/dronekit-python on my Intel Aero Ready To Fly Drone. Every time i try to run any of the examples i get either timeout due to lack of connection after the

>>"Connecting to vehicle on: tcp:127.0.0.1:5760"

appears on my terminal, or i get

>>data link #0 lost

>>data link #0 regained

and then the drone fails to run the code file.

I have been able to do an autonomous take off using QGroundControl but I am unable to run any python script on the drone.

I hope someone can shed some light on the subject.

Thank you in advance,

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted

Hi AInte4, Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero drone. Are running the examples on a remote computer or on the drone? Regards, Alexandra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Alexandra,

On the drone, I have tried both by plugging a keyboard, screen and mouse to it as well as through an ssh connection

Regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi Aintel4,

Could you please check if the mavlink service is running?:

sudo systemctl status mavlink-router

If that's running, could you try running our code and let me know if it works?

https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/04-Autonomous-drone-programming-in-Python#hello-w...

Regards,

Alexandra

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Alexandra,

I tried the:

sudo systemctl status mavlink-router

commad, which gave me the following output:

● mavlink-router.service - MAVLink Router Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mavlink-router.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled) Active: active (running) since Wed 2019-02-20 16:00:59 CET; 21h ago Main PID: 792 (mavlink-routerd) CGroup: /system.slice/mavlink-router.service  └─792 /usr/bin/mavlink-routerd     Feb 20 16:01:05 aau-intel-aero-drone mavlink-routerd[792]: MAV_CMD_LOGGING_START result(1) is different than accepted   Feb 20 16:01:06 aau-intel-aero-drone mavlink-routerd[792]: MAV_CMD_LOGGING_START result(1) is different than accepted   Feb 20 16:01:07 aau-intel-aero-drone mavlink-routerd[792]: Invalid ULog Magic number, restarting ULog...   Feb 20 16:01:07 aau-intel-aero-drone mavlink-routerd[792]: Logging target system_id=1 on 00049-2019-02-20_16-01-07.ulg   Feb 20 16:01:07 aau-intel-aero-drone mavlink-routerd[792]: Invalid ULog Magic number, restarting ULog...   Feb 20 16:01:07 aau-intel-aero-drone mavlink-routerd[792]: Logging target system_id=1 on 00050-2019-02-20_16-01-07.ulg   Feb 20 16:01:09 aau-intel-aero-drone mavlink-routerd[792]: 25 messages to unknown endpoints in the last 5 seconds   Feb 20 16:01:14 aau-intel-aero-drone mavlink-routerd[792]: 1 messages to unknown endpoints in the last 5 seconds   Feb 21 13:32:37 aau-intel-aero-drone mavlink-routerd[792]: TCP connection [8] accepted   Feb 21 13:32:44 aau-intel-aero-drone mavlink-routerd[792]: TCP Connection [8] closed

So yes, according to this, the mavlink service is running.

As for the Hello World script you recommended, it ran as intended on the physical drone itself and this is the output from the terminal:

Arming motors: Unknown mode 'GUIDED' Waiting for arming to be finished >>> Takeoff detected >>> Exception in message handler for HEARTBEAT >>> mode 100925440 not available on mavlink definition Keeping motors armed for 5s >>> Exception in message handler for HEARTBEAT >>> mode 100925440 not available on mavlink definition >>> Exception in message handler for HEARTBEAT >>> mode 100925440 not available on mavlink definition >>> Exception in message handler for HEARTBEAT >>> mode 100925440 not available on mavlink definition >>> Exception in message handler for HEARTBEAT >>> mode 100925440 not available on mavlink definition >>> Exception in message handler for HEARTBEAT >>> mode 100925440 not available on mavlink definition Disarming

Thank you again for your assistance

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi AIntel4, Could you please restart the service and try to run the code again? sudo systemctl restart mavlink-router Regards, Alexandra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Alexandra,

I tried restarting and after which I ran the

sudo systemctl restart mavlink-router

command again. I received the same output.

I've tried this several times now, with the same result.

Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi AIntel4, I recommend you to open an issue on the dronekit site, since you are having issues with the dronekit examples. Regards, Alexandra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I tried doing that but i have not received any response from any one, so i am left pretty much stranded. Could it be something to do with the GPS?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi AIntel4, You can check the GPS signal with QGroundControl. Also, please make sure you have the software up to date: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27833/Intel-Aero-Platform-for-UAVs-Installation-Files Regards, Alexandra
0 Kudos