Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSisj
Beginner

Issues with powering up the Intel Aero RTF Drone

Just recently I have not been able to power up my Intel Aero RTF Drone. I am utilizing a 4S, 4000 mAh while trying to turn this drone on. Additionally, I have tried the alternative method utilizing the wall socket power adapter mentioned here (https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/01-About-Intel-Aero 01 About Intel Aero · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero Wiki · GitHub ), which still doesn't work. The power LED and rotor LEDs don't stay on after I try pressing the power button. Attached is a video of the issue.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello stevens,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Ready to Fly drone.

There are a few possible causes for this issue:

1.) "80 pin accessories – power board J1" cable isn't connected (Make sure that the "Power and UART cable" is connected as well)

2.) The FPGA may not be flashed properly. (Make sure the "aero-rtf.jam" file is used.)

3.) The power distribution board may be damaged.

Could you please let me know if any of those are applicable for you?

Looking forward to your reply!

Thank you,

Eliza
idata
Community Manager

Hello stevens,

Could you please let me know if you are still having this issue?

Regards,

Eliza
SSisj
Beginner

Hi Eliza,

Thank You for the response. In regards to the FPGA being flashed properly, would I need to power up the drone first to make sure that the correct file is downloaded? I have used this page as a reference for flashing the FPGA.

Thank You,

Steven

idata
Community Manager

Hello stevens,

Could you please let me know if by pressing down the power button is any LED activity on the Aero Compute Board?

Also, if you connect a HDMI cable on the drone and press/hold the power button, is there an HDMI output?

In order to update the FPGA on the board, it is easier to take the Aero Compute Board outside of the drone and power it on.

Looking forward to your reply!

Thank you,

Eliza
SSisj
Beginner

Hi Eliza,

There is no LED activity on the Aero Compute Board at all. I tried connecting it to a monitor but there is still no display when I hold down the power button. However, the LEDs on the rotor still seems to work when I hold down the power button.

Thank You,

Steven

idata
Community Manager

Hello stevens,

Thank you for the information.

It appears that your Intel Aero Compute Board is damaged.

You will need to purchase a new Intel Aero Compute Board and open the Aero Ready to Fly to install the new board.

Regards,

Eliza

idata
Community Manager

Hello stevens,

Could you please let me know if there is anything else I might assist you with?

Thank you,

Eliza
SSisj
Beginner

Hi Eliza,

I am sorry for not responding to the previous reply. I have tried installing a new intel aero compute board, however the new board is still not powering up on the drone.

Thank You,

Steven