Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Hello.

I am attempting to retrieve logs from flights using the mavlink-router. It is supposed to log by eavesdropping on UDP port 0.0.0.0:80550. It is currently creating log files in the correct location, however these files are empty. The files were being populated all the way back on July 14th, however I dont think I have changed anything that would affect this service since then. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ian

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Ian,

I figured our problem out. Making this post to help anyone in the future with the same problems. The mavlink-router was showing it was running when pinged with status, created new log files when restarted, however they were always empty. This was solved by changing the parameter in QGroundControl when connected to the drone. The parameter SYS_LOGGER should be set to new logger. This is not the default setting, but will allow mavlink-router to log to the log files stored in /var/lib/mavlink-router. Hopefully this helps someone solve this issue in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Ian,

Retrieving flight logs via MAVLink is out of the scope of this technical support team. If you are interested in knowing more about flight logs I'll suggest you check this couple of links:

http://qgroundcontrol.org/dev/logging

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-downloading-and-analyzing-data-logs-in-mission-planner.html# downloading-logs-via-mavlink

If you have a question related to Aero, don't hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Ian,

I figured our problem out. Making this post to help anyone in the future with the same problems. The mavlink-router was showing it was running when pinged with status, created new log files when restarted, however they were always empty. This was solved by changing the parameter in QGroundControl when connected to the drone. The parameter SYS_LOGGER should be set to new logger. This is not the default setting, but will allow mavlink-router to log to the log files stored in /var/lib/mavlink-router. Hopefully this helps someone solve this issue in the future.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos