I am trying to make changes to the kernel source code and flash this custom kernel to the intel aero board. For some reason, my changes are not being picked up on recompilation.
My changes are in the following file:- intel_aero/poky/build/tmp/work-shared/intel-aero/kernel-source/net/mac80211/rate.c I added a few printk's and also modified an existing print.
These are the steps I followed to compile and flash the build:-
(1) Create a signed off git patch for the change.
(2) add the patch to the following location. intel_aero/poky/meta-intel-aero/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto
(3) Add the patch to linux-yocto_4.4.bbappend
(4) bitbake linux-yocto -c menuconfig
(5) bitbake -c menuconfig busybox
(6) bitbake -c cleansstate intel-aero-image
(7) bitbake intel-aero-image
(8) Flash the image under intel_aero/poky/build/tmp/deploy/images to a USB drive.
(9) Boot intel-aero board from the usb
After doing all this, the prints don't show on the console. Please help.
Thank you for your interest in the Intel® Aero Compute Board.
I have to inform you that custom kernels are out of the scope of this technical support team.
This are the types of cases where the community may prove useful, perhaps someone from the community has experienced something similar and may be able to help you solve this issue.
Have a nice day.