cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMarc8
Beginner

No output from HDMI

Hi,

I purchased the Intel Aero RTF drone. At first, I tried to access the compute board using the supported configuration, from https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-setup 02 Initial Setup · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero Wiki · GitHub, in order to flash the BIOS, FPGA, flight controller and to install Ubuntu, but as I power on the drone exhibits no output from HDMI.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DMarc8
Beginner

In addition, there isn't any Aero wi-fi access point and the power button seems have some problems turning off. Are these issues related?

DMarc8
Beginner

I solved the issue of wi-fi access. It's under CR-AP***********. The power button exhibit delay in turning off the drone, but it works. However, the problem with the HDMI output is still.

idata
Community Manager

Hello daniele.marchetti,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Ready to Fly drone.

Could you please let me know if you have tried with another monitor or changed the micro HDMI cable?

Also, when you power up the drone, is the fan spinning and ESC LEDs flashing?

How do you power up the drone? Using batteries or a power supply?

Thank you in advance,

Eliza
DMarc8
Beginner

I power up the drone using a programmable power supply at 12 V 4 A. When I power up the drone the fan is spinning and the ESC LEDs are flashing. The two LEDs next to the power button are blue and the rear led of the compute board is green. I tried with different monitors and with only one new micro HDMI cable.

Thank you for your reply.

Daniele

idata
Community Manager

Hello daniele.marchetti,

Could you please confirm that you already have the Yocto image installed on the board?

In case you don't, please follow the instructions on: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-setup# flash-intel-aero-linux-distribution---alternate-method

Looking forward to your reply!

Kind regards,

Eliza
DMarc8
Beginner

Solved !

Although it was a new one, the problem was in the micro usb cable. As I changed with another one, everything seems work well.

Thank you for your support.

Kind regard,

Daniele