I've followed all the instructions to update yocto, fpga, bios etc to the latest versions.
I'd like to install Ubuntu 16.04 so I've made a bootable USB. The issues start when I try and connect HDMI screen to the aero.
When i connect it running yocto, it works fine and i get the command prompt. When I reboot and press ESC to enter bios (to boot from USB) I get a blank black screen forever... how do you boot from USB to install Ubuntu?
Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero drone.
Could you try this with a different USB stick and let me know if this problem persists?
Yes I can run the currently installed Yocto fine. I have tried with a different USB and the result was the same.
I have the RTF Drone.
What is the expected behaviour when attempting to start BIOS (by pressing ESC) with and without a bootable usb inserted?
This is my expectation:
* No key press, No USB -> Boots into Yocto (PASS)
* No key press, USB inserted -> Boots into Yocto (PASS)
* Press ESC, No USB -> Either boot into Yocto or show BIOS screen (FAIL, blank black screen)
* Press ESC, USB inserted -> Either boot to USB or show BIOS to select USB (FAIL, blank black screen)
The expected behavior is to enter BIOS without the bootable USB inserted. With the USB when you press ESC you should only get the install option and when you press enter the Ubuntu installation should start.
Could you try BIOS 1.13? Something might have gone wrong when you flashed the BIOS.
I downgraded to BIOS 1.00.13 which i'm not sure if it helped or not.
There seems to be an issues with the HDMI driver with compatibility and hotplug, I had two screens I was trying
1. Hotplug worked, and would show yocto cmd line but not show any bios HDMI output
2. Hotplug doesn't work but would show BIOS output.
Pretty poor HDMI setup on the aero, both screens are known to be working fine. led to a lot of confusion and frustration