cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Not able to flash flight stack after upgrading to latest OS,BIOS and FPGA

Hi All,

After I upgraded to latest OS,BIOS and FPGA, I am not able to flash flight stack. I have Intel RTF (not just Aero board).

I am getting :

If the board does not respond within 1-2 seconds, unplug and re-plug the USB connector.

all the information is shown in this image :

It was working well before upgrading.

Thank you,

Soubhi

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Soubhi,

Thank you for your interest in our Intel products.

We are going to investigate further to try and gather the information requested and then we will get back to you.

Regards,

Alexandra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Soubhi,

I would recommend you to reflash the image, then try to flash the FPGA one more time. Please make sure you are using the correct jam file.

The jam file for the aero RTF drone should be flashed with: jam -aprogram /etc/fpga/aero-rtf.jam

Let me know if you need further information.

Regards,

Alexandra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Hi Alexandra,

I tired to flash everything again (1.6 OS,fpga and BIOS) ,but the RTF still goes in infinite loop when I try to update flight controller. I did the step from https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-Setup# flashing-the-flight-controller-rtf-only wiki but no change.

Thank you,

Soubhi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Hi Alexandra,

I did the same steps on another drone and it worked successfully. Did you have any suggestions about the other drone why the flashing fails?

Thank you,

Soubhi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Soubhi,

Can you please make sure the flight controller is firmly attached to the Aero Board? We did notice a delay when flashing the FC and it took a couple of tries. Have you tried multiple times? Also, what flight stack are you trying to flash px4 or ardupilot?

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Hi Jesus,

when I try to flash Ardupilot,it goes in infinite attempting loop. I have also tried to flash px4 but the same results. I have just checked the board and flight controller and every thing seems ok. Anyway, I am trying again right now and I will do it multiple type.

BIOS_VERSION: Aero-01.00.13

OS_VERSION: 1.6.0

FPGA_VERSION: 0xc2

Thank you,

Soubhi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

That is very odd! I just re-tested with my system and the flashing process started successfully. My BIOS, OS, and FPGA version are the same as yours. Please let me know if you are able to flash your drone after this test.

Also, what happens if you try to flash the FC with a previous release?

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Jesus,

I suggest that you try updating the flight controller firmware a second time.

cd etc/px4-fw

aerofc-update.sh nuttx-aerofc-v1-default.px4

...I get an infinite loop.

I'm using iso image posed here: (and the px4 file that's included with that image)

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27259/eng/intel-aero-image-intel-aero-1.6.iso https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27259/eng/intel-aero-image-intel-aero-1.6.iso

My info:

BIOS_VERSION = Aero-01.00.13

OS_VERSION = Poky Aero (Intel Aero Linux Distro) 1.6.0 (pyro)"

AIRMAP_VERSION = 1.8

FPGA_VERSION = 0xc2

AeroFC firmware version = 1.6.5

Thanks

- Randy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Randy,

Both of my Aero RTF drones flash without any issues. There is a fix that will be included in the next software release. Please try to flash your RTF with the following commands:

aerofc-force-bootloader-pin.py 1

aerofc-update.sh aerofc-v1_default.px4

aerofc-force-bootloader-pin.py 0

Soubhi,

Please try the commands from above, let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Thank you Jesus. I tried it but did not work. I am waiting for the next release and hopefully It will work.

Regards,

Soubhi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Soubhi,

A new aero image (v1.6.1) for the Intel Aero has been released.

The latest image can be found in the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27399/Intel-Aero-Platform-for-UAVs-Installation-Files

Please give this a try and let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Ezequiel
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Hi Ezequiel,

When I de-attached the flight controller and attached it again, it worked perfectly. I do not know why that happened and today I noticed that someone else had the same /message/482895# 482895 issue .

Thank you for your help.

Soubhi

0 Kudos