Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skodge
Beginner

PREFLIGHT FAIL: NO MAG SENSOR 0

I just got a new Intel Aero RTF drone. Upon updating the flight controller firmware to 1.6.5, I get a preflight fail error in QGroundControl while calibrating the controller. I've tried updating the firware to the stable releases 1.7.3 and 1.8.1 but still I get the same error.

The flight controller used to work out of the box without any updates, so I am pretty sure the hardware is fine.

I found out by looking into other threads on this forum that this might happen because of the firmware version and 1.6.5 was concluded to be a stable version which had everything working fine. But, it doesnt work for me.

Kindly help!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee

Hello Skodge,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Ready to Fly drone.

Can you please perform a Airframe Reset firstly, and then calibrate the drone? Please make sure to calibrate all the sensors - https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-Setup#calibration

Also, what is your current output of:

aero-get-version.py

Thank you and best regards,

Eliza

Skodge
Beginner

We tried a Airframe Reset, unfortunately the issue was not resolved by this.

Please find the output of "aero-get-version.py"

Skodge
Beginner

Hi Skodge, Can you try running the command "commander calibrate mag" in Mavlink Console? If this doesn't work either, can you please tell me the output of the command below? nsh> ls /dev/ Regards, Alexandra
Skodge
Beginner

"commander calibrate mag" in Mavlink Console did not work.

Please find the output of nsh>ls/dev/

ls_dev.jpg

Thanks

Hi Skodge, It seems to be a hardware issue since the sensor is not detected. Can you please ensure your external GPS/mag is properly connected? Regards, Alexandra

Hi Skodge, Do you still need help with this issue? Regards, Alexandra
RobinX
Novice

I am having the same issue with this problem, but not only GPS, but also compass sensor. I can ensure that all connection is good and flashed all original files you provided on GitHub several times, still no luck.