Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Pin out for connectors marked as reserved for future use

Is it possible for Intel to release the pin-out (i.e. connector pin information) for all the connectors that are currently marked as "Reserved for future use"? The reason for asking is that I was hoping there is an extra USB 3.0 port in one of the reserved connectors so that I can use it as a USB 3.0 host port for Intel Movidius. The USB OTG port is currently being used by my application as a slave/end-point for camera interface and hence, the port cannot be used as a host controller for Intel Movidius.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi wei7698,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero board.

Are you following this guide https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/drones/development-drones/intel-aero-compu... ?

Regarding what you are trying to accomplish, did you try using an USB hub?

Regards,

Alexandra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

When a USB port is configured as an end-point/slave, an USB hub will not work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi wei7698,

What do you mean by "connectors that are currently marked as "Reserved for future use""?

According to the block diagram of the guide I shared in my previous message, the only USB 3.0 ports go to the OTG and to the realsense camera.

Also, what do you mean by "USB port is configured as an end point/slave"?

We need to understand exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

Regards,

Alexandra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Please refer to attached picture for the connectors that are marked as "R" and are designated by Intel as "Reserved for future use".

My question is that is there any USB port in the connectors marked as "R" that I can use for my Intel Movidius. Of course, I will fabricate my own cable to access the USB port (if any).

The USB 3.0 OTG port on the Intel Aero Compute Board allows user to configure it as host mode or as device mode. In my application, I have configured it as device mode as my camera that the port interfaces to is the USB host controller. Once the Intel Aero Compute Board USB 3.0 OTG port has been configured as device mode, there is no way you can hook up a USB hub as the hub will require the port to be in host mode.

As for the realsense camera connector, the only signals available are pure USB 3.0 full-duplex differential signals and there is no USB 2.0 signals in that connector. Intel Movidius required both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 signals to be present.

I hope I have explained my current situation clearly. Let me know if you need any further clarification.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi wei7698,

We are unable to provide information on the reserved slots and according to the diagrams, the USB-3 that is shown is the only one available.

Regards,

Alexandra
0 Kudos