Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RRULL
New Contributor I

Possibility to flash Intel Aero Image using wifi of the Intel board?

Jump to solution

Hello everybody,

I am actually working on the Intel Aero RTF drone, and like some people, I have trouble with my hub (self powered).

I would like to know if there is any possibility to flash Intel Aero Image using wifi of the Intel board? Because I am able to connect via ssh to the drone.

I would also appreciate an attachment of a picture about connection between Intel Aero drone and hub please. I am able to use the hub with any other device without trouble but not with this drone...

BIOS Aero-01.00.11 10/24/2016.

Best regards,

Rudja

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RRULL
New Contributor I

Hi Jose,

I have just received the new hub and an OTG micro USB 3.0 Male cable to female USB 3.0, and it works!

After some investigations, I think that it is not a problem of hub but of cable (between the drone and the hub). So with my new OTG cable all self powered hub work!

I do not promote any brand, but I buy the UGREEN cable.

Thanks a lot for your help Jose!

PS: No need to buy a power adapter for the Sabrent hub. It works without.

Best regards,

Rudja

View solution in original post

7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Rudja,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Aero Platform for UAVs.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to flash the image through SSH, it can only be achieved by following the steps on this guide https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/Quickstart-Guide Quickstart Guide · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero Wiki · GitHub .

Now, regarding how to connect the hub to the Intel® Aero, I actually took a picture of the Aero connected to the hub, but regrettably it doesn't have the best image quality. Nevertheless, in order to make this connection I follow this guide , so I would encourage you to read the Aero Mechanical Assembly Guide, specially the Stage 9: Powering Up.

By the way the Hub that we are using is this one https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-4-Port-Individual-Switches-HB-UM43/dp/B00JX1ZS5O https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-4-Port-Individual-Switches-HB-UM43/dp/B00JX1ZS5O , at the moment it hasn't presented any connection issue to us.

Please let us know if any questions come up, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
RRULL
New Contributor I

Hi Jose,

Thanks a lot for your reply and your picture!

Unfortunately, I didn't receive with the RTF drone all cables to connect it as you did... But if I power up the board by powering up the entire drone with the battery, did you think that it will work? It is what I have done.

One last question. Did you also buy a power adapter for the HUB? I have little difficulties to see your hub ^^.

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,

Rudja

idata
Community Manager

Hi Rudja,

Yes, it should be possible to flash the board by powering it with the battery of the Intel® Aero RTF.

Now, regarding your question if we bought a power adapter for the Hub, it actually was included with the Hub.

Hope this helps, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
RRULL
New Contributor I

Hello Jose,

Ok, I will buy this hub and tell you if I succeed. In this case, I will also give my actual model of hub for developers. They will not lose time.

Thanks again for your help!

Have a nice day too.

Best regards,

Rudja

idata
Community Manager

Hi Rudja,

Just to clarify, we can't guarantee that this Hub will work, but please contact us back if it doesn't work in order to assist you.

Always happy to help, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
RRULL
New Contributor I

Hi Jose,

I have just received the new hub and an OTG micro USB 3.0 Male cable to female USB 3.0, and it works!

After some investigations, I think that it is not a problem of hub but of cable (between the drone and the hub). So with my new OTG cable all self powered hub work!

I do not promote any brand, but I buy the UGREEN cable.

Thanks a lot for your help Jose!

PS: No need to buy a power adapter for the Sabrent hub. It works without.

Best regards,

Rudja

View solution in original post

idata
Community Manager

Hi Rudja,

I'm glad to hear that you fixed your issue! And thanks for sharing all the details of your solution, it will be really helpful for other users experiencing connectivity issues between the Aero and their Hub.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.