cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJohn79
Novice

ROS and PX4 on Intel Aero

Hello all,

Who else is working with ROS and or PX4 on the Aero? I'm starting this discussion to point links, info and progress updates on this effort! Feel free to chime in!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JJohn79
Novice

So far I have gotten ROS working on the Aero board. I'll be submitting more on that later

JJohn79
Novice

Also, Mavlink and Mavros are working fine so far on the Aero board. I can talk to a PX4 simulator running on a separate computer.

I'll hook up to a Pixracer via UART later to start flying.

Check out the recipes here:

https://github.com/bmwcarit/meta-ros/pull/424 PX4 autopilot recipes by JochiPochi · Pull Request # 424 · bmwcarit/meta-ros · GitHub

vjay
Beginner

Hi JochiPochi,

Nice! When you are connecting to the PX4 SITL, are u able to veiw the messages on mavros topics ? Also, are you using the master branch of meta-ros or the 17.4 tag from Lukas' repository?

RYang20
Beginner

What was the exact command you ran to start Mavros on the Aero? (specifically, what was the value you specified for fcu_url in roslaunch mavros px4.launch fcu_url:=?)

And are you able to view the messages on Mavros topics? (e.g. when you run rostopic echo /mavros/imu/data, is anything being published on that topic?)

ZZubi
Novice

Hey JochiPochi,

Nice work! I'm taking a different route with my board.rather than working with Yocto, I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial) + ROS Kinetic. For the autopilot I have connected a Pixhawk via UART(still waiting for the datasheet so that I can connect the UART directly, rather than using a USB-UART converter which is my current setup).

If someone decides to go this route, feel free to ask me any questions!

Jose_P_Intel
Employee

Hi guys,

I have just check the discussion on this thread and I think this might be useful

Best Regards,

-Jose