Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Student Ambassador

RTF drone starts without pushing the start button

Jump to solution

Hi,

I recently got an Intel RTF drone. As suggested in the github page I updated the operating system(Yocto) then installed Ubuntu. The problem is now when I connect the drone to battery or adapter, it automatically starts without even pushing the power/start button. I deleted Ubuntu and reinstalled Yocto but the problem still persists.

When I first got the drone I didn't have such a problem.

Your helps is appreciated.

Best,

Rouzbeh

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Rouzbeh,

The described behavior sounds like there is an issue with the power distribution board on the Aero RTF Drone. I would suggest you to check all the connection on the power distribution board to ensure all the cables are fully connected. You may need to purchase a replacement board if you continue to see this behavior. You can order a replacement board from the following link:

http://us.yuneec.com/Aero-Drone-Power-Distribution-Board-for-Aero-RTF-Drone

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Rouzbeh,

The described behavior sounds like there is an issue with the power distribution board on the Aero RTF Drone. I would suggest you to check all the connection on the power distribution board to ensure all the cables are fully connected. You may need to purchase a replacement board if you continue to see this behavior. You can order a replacement board from the following link:

http://us.yuneec.com/Aero-Drone-Power-Distribution-Board-for-Aero-RTF-Drone

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Student Ambassador

Thanks for the reply Jesus.

I checked the power board and all connections are working fine. I was wondering if this is a common problem or not! Because I just bought the drone and I am worried it might happen to the new board again.

Best,

Rouzbeh

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Rouzbeh,

We have not heard of power distribution failures out of the box. You mentioned you recently purchased the drone, if you have not made any modifications or attempt to take of the plastic cover and there is no damage to the wires please submit a RMA request.

To submit a RMA request, login to your Click Store account and under My Account -> My Orders -> Order History locate the order and click the Return or Replace Items.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos