Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEppl
Beginner

Record camera data to microSD

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm working with the drone and the ROS wrapper of realsense D435. I'm recording camera streams to an .bag file.

Recording to the internal SSD works, but if I try to record to my mircoSD card I get the warning "rosbag record buffer exceeded. Dropping oldest queued message".

What is the bandwidth of the connection to the SD slot, in the hardware features document it says SD3(x4)?

What is the limiting factor, the bandwidth or the write speed of the SD Card?

I used an video class SD Card with up to 80MB/s writing.

I have to record the raw data or the pointcloud topic, both are getting large very fast. So the disk space with 32 GB of the internal SSD is to small.

Regards,

Matthias

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
idata
Community Manager

Hi MaEp,

We were able to record camera streams to a .bag file on a microSD card using the rs-record-playback example included in the RealSense SDK 2.0. The microSD card we used is only rated for write speeds above 10 MB/s, so it seems likely that we are dealing with a software issue, not a hardware issue.

Could you try running rs-record-playback and let us know what happens? Keep in mind the rs-record-playback program will write to the location of the terminal from which it is executed.

Could you also let us know whether you are using the Aero RTF Drone or the Aero Compute Board?

Regards,

Alexandra

View solution in original post

5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello MaEp,

Thank you for your interest in the RealSense D435 camera.

Let me look into it and I will get back to you later.

Regards,

Alexandra
idata
Community Manager

Hi MaEp,

We were able to record camera streams to a .bag file on a microSD card using the rs-record-playback example included in the RealSense SDK 2.0. The microSD card we used is only rated for write speeds above 10 MB/s, so it seems likely that we are dealing with a software issue, not a hardware issue.

Could you try running rs-record-playback and let us know what happens? Keep in mind the rs-record-playback program will write to the location of the terminal from which it is executed.

Could you also let us know whether you are using the Aero RTF Drone or the Aero Compute Board?

Regards,

Alexandra

View solution in original post

MEppl
Beginner

I'm using the Aero RTF Drone. For recording RGB raw data stream with 640x480 and 30fps round about 30MB/s are required. In addition I wanted to record depth and infrared stream also in raw format. I know that this is a lot of data and maybe this isn't possible. I just wanted to know whether the SDcard or the bandwidth of the connection is the bottleneck. Do you know the bandwidth of the connection?

I will try the rs-record-playback example within the next days.

idata
Community Manager

Hi MaEp,

Di you try running the rs-record-playback example?

Regards,

Alexandra
MEppl
Beginner

Hi,

yes it works. I think I have to reduce the number of streams I'm recording.