cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Reset the Flight controller of aero RTF

Hi,

How can I send a reset signal to the flight controller without reset the aero board?

I'm using the ArduCopter firmware if it is matter.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Re: Reset the Flight controller of aero RTF

Hi JustFineD,

I need to check if this is possible, can you please share additional information on what you are trying to accomplish? Are you trying to reset the FC settings or reboot the FC?

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner
1 View

Hi @Jesus,

I want to reboot the FC.

There are some parameters in the firmware that only effects after reboot the FC (for example EKi_ENABLE).

Also when I need to make a new flight, I don't want the FC to use its recent data (such as origin location) -

Today I'm shutdown the Aero for these situations (reboot the Aero is not enough).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Thank you for providing additional details, I now understand what you are trying to do. I did a test with QGroundControl on rebooting the vehicle but I had no success. Let me check with the engineering team and get back to you.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Hi JustFineD,

I did some more testing with QGroundControl and successfully rebooted the flight controller. This should also work on MP. In QGC you can reboot the FC from the Parameters -> Tools (right top corner) -> reboot vehicle or if you open the Mavlink console and can simply type reboot.

In MP you should be able to reboot by opening the terminal and connect to NSH and type reboot. Give it a couple of seconds and the FC should reboot.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner
1 View

Hi Jesus,

I think that the reboot command was not implemented in ArduCopter.

I also cannot reboot/reset the FCU when runs in SITL mode...

Is there another way to do this (turn off power for the FCU for example) ?

thanks anyway,

Doron Fine

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Hi Doron,

I am not aware of another way to turn of the power to the FC. Let me check with engineering to see if there is another method.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Hi Doron,

It looks like there is no way to disable the power to the Aero Flight Controller.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Hi Jesus,

Is there anyway to reboot the flight controller (aerofc) that does NOT depend on mavlink? Both options you gave require that mavlink is working properly between the compute board and aero FC. I want a way to reboot the flight controller from the aero compute board even if mavlink is down.

For example, when working with a pixhawk I can use something like `screen \dev\tty* BAUDRATE 8N1` to pull up a nuttx terminal and interact with PX4 directly, without mavlink as a middleman. This way if I kill mavlink running on PX4, I don't lose my nuttx terminal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
1 View

Hello Allen,

As Jesus stated in his last post, there is no way to disable the power to the Aero Flight Controller so there is no way to reboot it.

Regards,

Octavian
0 Kudos