Ok so i have poster before about something similar but I would just like to post my steps and see where I went wrong.
These are following lines of code I have put into my terminal on a virtual machine I am running with ubuntu 14.04
sudo apt-get install gawk wget git-core diffstat unzip texinfo gcc-multilib build-essential chrpath socat libsdl1.2-dev xterm
- git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky
- cd poky
- git checkout krogoth
- cd ~/poky
- git checkout -b krogoth origin/krogoth
- source oe-init-build-env
- bitbake core-image-sato
- runqemu qemux86
- Then I closed the simulation
- cd $HOME/poky
- git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-intel
- cd $HOME/poky/meta-intel
- git checkout krogoth
$ bitbake-layers add-layer "$HOME/poky/meta-intel"
$ echo 'MACHINE = "intel-corei7-64"' >> conf/local.conf
- bitbake core-image-minimal
- sudo $HOME/source/poky/scripts/contrib/mkefidisk.sh /dev/sda1 \
- tmp/deploy/images/intel-corei7-64/core-image-minimal-intel-corei7-64.hddimg /dev/sdb1
- Then after I get an error message saying /home/ayman/source/poky/scripts/contrib/mkefidisk.sh: command not found, and i did set the enviormten pathway as Peter asked, and i don't see source of mkefidisk.sh when i put the command cd $HOME then ls
- So then i just started to follow the directions on the github page on how to write the image.
- I downloaded the image and wrote it on a usb drive using windows.
- I plugged in the usb drive and flashed the image on the intel aero
- then i booted the image as the next steps asked me too.
- i looged into the aero and then tried to update the bios but i done know what to replace the in
root@intel-aero:~# rpm -ivh to update the bios.
So can someone tell me where I went wrong, I have been trying the get the aero board up and running for 3 weeks now and have had exteremem frustration in trying to do so. Please I need your help.
Thank you for your patience. We'll help you setup your Aero Board. First, it's important you look at this reference link https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/Quickstart-Guide https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/Quickstart-Guide . Here you'll find all the steps necessary to start working with your board.
The prerequisites are Ok. In the guide there's also instructions to Get the Sources, set the environment and building the image. All the steps are also on the guide. This is what you should do in case you want to build the image yourself. In case you just want a pre-built image, go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26389/UAV-installation-files-for-Intel-Aero-Platform?v=t https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26389/UAV-installation-files-for-Intel-Aero-Platform?v=t .
Next there's the steps to update the BIOS. To update the BIOS you should still be following the guide we posted at the beginning. Make sure the Intel Aero Compute Board already has a firmware flashed in it. There's also some warnings about the md5sum. Make sure this md5sum is the same as the one listed here https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26335/Intel-Aero-Platform-for-UAV-installation-files https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26335/Intel-Aero-Platform-for-UAV-installation-files
Now, reboot the Intel Aero Compute Board and you should see the BIOS update message followed by an automatic reboot with the updated BIOS.
Following this guide you should be able to start working with your board. Let us know if you're successful.