Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZChen57
Beginner

The font size in the yocto terminal is so small that I cannot see it. So how should I increase the font size?

Jump to solution

Hi, I got the new Intel Aero RTF Drone, and I'm gona to upadate the system and firmwares. The first problem is that the font size in the yocto terminal is so small that I cannot see it. So how should I increase the font size? I think there should be a terminal command to change that.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello ZChen57, Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Ready to Fly drone. Please use the below command to change the font size on the Terminal: sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup If you are not happy with how Yocto Terminal looks like, after you flash the BIOS, FPGA, Flight Controller, you can also change the OS to Ubuntu 16.04.3 by following these instructions: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/90-(References)-OS-user-Installation#os Thank you and bets regards, Eliza

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello ZChen57, Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Ready to Fly drone. Please use the below command to change the font size on the Terminal: sudo dpkg-reconfigure console-setup If you are not happy with how Yocto Terminal looks like, after you flash the BIOS, FPGA, Flight Controller, you can also change the OS to Ubuntu 16.04.3 by following these instructions: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/90-(References)-OS-user-Installation#os Thank you and bets regards, Eliza

View solution in original post

ZChen57
Beginner
Hi Eliza, Thank you for your help. That helps. Actually we crashed another Intel Aero drone before, and it seems there is some problem with it, so I want to ask whether there is a way to fix it. The phenomenon of the crashed drone is like this: we changed it to Ubuntu 16, and when we flied it in the offboard mode with my own developed code, the drone flied to the roof and broke the GPS, and I purchased a new typhoon GPS which is the same GPS for the Intel Aero drone. After I installed the GPS on the drone and powered the droen on, the Ubuntu system is running normal, but we cannot connect to the drone with our laptop through the drone wifi. And when we try to run the same offboard mode code, it showed that I cannot connect to the flight controller. And I tried the official demo code which is to arm the drone for 5seconds, it didn't work. So should we send back the drone to fix the problem? What might be the solution for this problem? Thanks in advance. *Best,* *Zhu Chen, graduate student.* *Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering* *University at Buffalo, * *NY, 14261,* *(716)907-3904*
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello ZChen57, Is it possible to open a new thread for this issue? This will require further investigations from our side and it will be better to discuss it on another thread, so others that might have the same issue could find it easily. Thank you in advance, Eliza
ZChen57
Beginner
Hi Eliza, I’ll open a new thread and ask for this. Thank you very much. Best, Zhu Chen, graduate student. Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering University at Buffalo,  NY, 14261, (716)907-3904