cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

The meaning of different mode of the Intel drone

Jump to solution

I'm not sure the meaning and main function of the different modes listed in the QGroudControl interface for the drone, can some one explain that a little for me? What is the property of offboard mode?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Employee
Hello ZChen57, Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Ready to Fly drone. Offboard mode is primarily used for controlling vehicle movement and attitude, and supports only a very limited set of MAVLink commands. It can be used to: 1. Control vehicle position, velocity, or thrust (SET_POSITION_TARGET_LOCAL_NED). Acceleration setpoints are combined to create a 'thrust' setpoint. PX4 supports the coordinate frames (coordinate_frame field): MAV_FRAME_LOCAL_NED and MAV_FRAME_BODY_NED. 2. Control vehicle attitude/orientation (SET_ATTITUDE_TARGET). You can find more details here: https://docs.px4.io/en/flight_modes/offboard.html Thank you and best regards, Eliza

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Employee
Hello ZChen57, Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Ready to Fly drone. Offboard mode is primarily used for controlling vehicle movement and attitude, and supports only a very limited set of MAVLink commands. It can be used to: 1. Control vehicle position, velocity, or thrust (SET_POSITION_TARGET_LOCAL_NED). Acceleration setpoints are combined to create a 'thrust' setpoint. PX4 supports the coordinate frames (coordinate_frame field): MAV_FRAME_LOCAL_NED and MAV_FRAME_BODY_NED. 2. Control vehicle attitude/orientation (SET_ATTITUDE_TARGET). You can find more details here: https://docs.px4.io/en/flight_modes/offboard.html Thank you and best regards, Eliza

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Hello ZChen57, We would like to know if you have further questions on this subject. Thank you and best regards, Eliza
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner
Hi Eliza, I don't have further questions. Thanks. *Best,* *Zhu Chen, graduate student.* *Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering* *University at Buffalo, * *NY, 14261,* *(716)907-3904*
0 Kudos