Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

Ubuntu 16.04.03 downward and rotatable cameras don't work

I've been trying to get the downward-facing and the forward-facing-but-rotatable cameras working on the RTF drone with Ubuntu 16.04.03. Ultimately I want them published as ROS topics. I see 13 video devices listed in /dev/video* and I assume the cameras I'm looking for are some of the 0-9 cameras. Unfortunately I've tried to display each of the devices using v4l2-ctl and VLC and I can't get a video feed.

I noticed that if I run sudo v4l2-ctl --list-devices, a kernel error occurs (attached). I've also attached the full dmesg log right after boot. Any help would be appreciated.

I updated to latest BIOS version a few days ago.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi valts,

Ubuntu has only 3 RTSP video feeds, R200 infrared camera on video11, R200 second infrared camera on video12, R200 HD camera on video13. At this time, I suggest you to use Yocto as all 5 camera streams are available.

Additional information can be found on the Aero Wiki Page:

https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/06-Cameras-and-Video# rtsp-streaming-with-the-camera-streaming-daemon

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Jesus,

Thanks for your help!

I might have misunderstood the docs, but it says that the additional cameras available in Yocto are:

1. Bottom facing black and white global shutter: rtsp://192.168.8.1:8554/bottom

2.RealSense R200, depth sensor: rtsp://192.168.8.1:8554/rsdepth

However the camera that I am really looking for is neither of these. I would like to get the feed from the front-facing camera that's mounted on a rotating bracket underneath the RealSense R200 depth sensor. Is this feed available on Yocto? In any case, I would like to avoid the adventure of building all ROS packages that I need on Yocto.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi valts,

That's correct, the two additional camera streams available in Yocto are the bottom facing camera and the depth stream from the RealSense camera. At this time, there is a known issue with the 8 MP RGB camera. The engineering team is currently looking into it.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Jesus,

Is there any follow up on this issue? It is vital to have access to all of the camera feeds on Ubuntu so they can be used in conjunction with ROS. Having two cameras that are useless on Ubuntu (and one that appears to be useless even on Yocto) seems like a glaring flaw.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello Valts,

Thank you for your reply.

The team is still looking into the issue and working on it, however we have no new announcements at this time and no ETA at this time.

Regards,

Octavian

0 Kudos