cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VNadk1
Beginner

Works for Yocto, but cannot install Ubuntu 16.04

Jump to solution

I have (had) Yocto working on my Intel Aero drone perfectly, including connecting with QGroundControl. I also upgraded the Bios and Flash to version. When I ran aero-get-version.py it gave me the BIOS_VERSION = Aero-01.00.16, OS_VERSION = v1.6.2, AIRMAP_VERSION = 1.8, FPGA_VERSION = 0xc2 and Aero FC Firmware Version = 3.5.3. No problems with Yocto at all.

I created the usual Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS Desktop USB (ubuntu-16.04.5-desktop-amd64.iso). When I try installing it, it momentarily flashed an error that said "Error, cannot find /boot", but then on pressing Esc went to the GRUB 2.0 menu that showed "Try Ubuntu without installing", "Install Ubuntu", "OEM Install.." and "Check disk for defects".

When I entered "Install Ubuntu", it reached the initial Ubuntu splash screen with the Ubuntu logo and the cycling orange and white dots. However, it did not get beyond this even after 1 hr. This this once again and same thing. Then I tried "Try Ubuntu without installing" -- same thing, and then "OEM Install.." -- same thing. Just stays stuck on the Ubuntu logo with cycling dots.

Just to make sure there was no problem with the Flash disk, I tried "Check disk for defects" and it went through all the checks and finally returned "Check finished no errors found. Press any key to reboot your system".

Can you please tell me how to install Ubuntu? Otherwise I have a $1000+ brick...

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello VNadk1, Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Ready to Fly drone. Firstly, please use the version Ubuntu 16.04.3 for Intel Aero. We did not received this issue when we flashed the drone, so most probability it is related to the USB stick you are using. We recommend checking with a new USB stick. Also, please make sure that you are following these instructions when flashing the image: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/90-(References)-OS-user-Installation#os Thank you and best regards, Eliza

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello VNadk1, Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Ready to Fly drone. Firstly, please use the version Ubuntu 16.04.3 for Intel Aero. We did not received this issue when we flashed the drone, so most probability it is related to the USB stick you are using. We recommend checking with a new USB stick. Also, please make sure that you are following these instructions when flashing the image: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/90-(References)-OS-user-Installation#os Thank you and best regards, Eliza

View solution in original post

Eliza_D_Intel
Employee
Hello VNadk1, We would like to know if the solution above mentioned worked for you and if you have further questions on this matter. Thank you and best regards, Eliza