Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshDavisNC
Beginner

Yocto install from USB hangs

I have a brand new Intel Aero drone, and I am performing the initial setup. I have a bootable USB drive with the latest Yocto ISO on it plugged into the USB hub. I selected to boot from the USB key, but the boot up hangs at

[ 14.635934] sd 0:0:0:0 [sda] Attached SCSI removable disk

[ 15.316933] random: nonblcokcing pool is initialized

Looking at https://youtu.be/e9MLnRbMDHo?t=3m13s this video at 3:13, the next line should be Searching for hard drives ..., but it never gets to that point.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JoshDavisNC
Beginner

I tried the alternate method of mounting the USB drive and running aero-reboot-update.py, but I got the same behavior, hanging after "Attached SCSI removable disk".

JoshDavisNC
Beginner

I have it working. Apparently, the drone didn't like the first USB drive I tried to use, because it worked with a different one.

I'm leaving this open as unanswered because I don't know why it didn't like the first USB thumb drive. I ran badblocks on it, and didn't find any bad sectors, not sure what else could have been the problem. Any ideas?

idata
Community Manager

Hi JoshDavisNC,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero drone.

It is hard to understand what happened with the first USB drive. A possibility is that the image was corrupted when creating the bootable USB drive.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Alexandra
idata
Community Manager

Hi JoshDavisNC,

Do you still need help with your issue?

Regards,

Alexandra