cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ARies
Beginner

bare metal development

Hello,

is it possible to develop some bare metal application on the Intel Aero board? Which type of debugger are comaptible?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ville_I_Intel
Employee

I'd like to understand what kind of bare metal development you are interested in? Writing a coreboot support for the board?

ARies
Beginner

Hi vilvo,

I would like to develop a small custom RT-Os to this board!

Ville_I_Intel
Employee

Intel Aero RTF is shipped with the compute board and flight controller. Compute board communicates with the flight controller over UART.

If you want RT-Os on the compute board, you can check from the BSP on how you could boot your own RT-OS kernel.

If you want to replace the flight controller with your own RT-Os, please use your favorite serial-wire debug (SWD) to program the flight controller chip.
idata
Community Manager

Hi arnoox,

I appreciate your patience.

Did vilvo recommendation answer your question? If not, could you be so kind to provide us more detail on, what are you trying to implement with bare metal to the RT-OS.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
idata
Community Manager

Hi arnoox,

Do you still have questions regarding the bare metal implementation on the Intel Aero? Please let me know in order to assist you.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.
idata
Community Manager

Hi arnoox,

Thanks for your interest in the Intel® Aero Platform for UAVs.

This is an interesting question! Please let us investigate your concerns and we will get back to you as soon as we have some useful information.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose P.