cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

help installing git on RTF

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm trying to install git on my intel-aero (Ready to Fly Drone).

I'm running opkg, but it gives the following error:

-------------

root@intel-aero:/# opkg install git

Collected errors:

* opkg_prepare_url_for_install: Couldn't find anything to satisfy 'git'.

-------------

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Randy

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Randy,

I think that the only way to install git is building the image from source. We have just tried it and it worked, to do it please follow the next guide: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/Developing-on-Intel-Aero, before you run the command bitbake intel-aero-image you need to edit the /poky/meta-intel-aero/recipes-core/images/intel-aero-image.bb file and add the git recipe IMAGE_INSTALL += "git".

We want to apologize for the delay in our response, but consider that custom images are out of our support scope and we have tried our best to help you.

I hope this works for you.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,

Leonardo R.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Randy,

Thanks for reaching out.

I have not tried to install git in the aero, but I will take a look at it and I'll let you know when I have updates.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to whatever information you can provide.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Any news on this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Randy,

I'm still working on this, I will contact you as soon as I have updates.

I really appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Randy,

I think that the only way to install git is building the image from source. We have just tried it and it worked, to do it please follow the next guide: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/Developing-on-Intel-Aero, before you run the command bitbake intel-aero-image you need to edit the /poky/meta-intel-aero/recipes-core/images/intel-aero-image.bb file and add the git recipe IMAGE_INSTALL += "git".

We want to apologize for the delay in our response, but consider that custom images are out of our support scope and we have tried our best to help you.

I hope this works for you.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,

Leonardo R.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for the help. After _much_ reading about yocto, I was able to build an iso image.

Related question:

Do you know if yocto build also produces a bios update? I see multiple .rpm files in the build directory but cannot figure out if one of them is the updated bios.

Thanks again,

- Randy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi Randy,

As far as I know, they are independent, but I'm not sure because I have never used these .rpm files. The best recommendation that I can give you is to use the standard BIOS version provided here: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-setup.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.

0 Kudos