cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RKint
Beginner

help installing git on RTF

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm trying to install git on my intel-aero (Ready to Fly Drone).

I'm running opkg, but it gives the following error:

-------------

root@intel-aero:/# opkg install git

Collected errors:

* opkg_prepare_url_for_install: Couldn't find anything to satisfy 'git'.

-------------

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

- Randy

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Community Manager

Hi Randy,

I think that the only way to install git is building the image from source. We have just tried it and it worked, to do it please follow the next guide: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/Developing-on-Intel-Aero, before you run the command bitbake intel-aero-image you need to edit the /poky/meta-intel-aero/recipes-core/images/intel-aero-image.bb file and add the git recipe IMAGE_INSTALL += "git".

We want to apologize for the delay in our response, but consider that custom images are out of our support scope and we have tried our best to help you.

I hope this works for you.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,

Leonardo R.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hi Randy,

Thanks for reaching out.

I have not tried to install git in the aero, but I will take a look at it and I'll let you know when I have updates.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
RKint
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to whatever information you can provide.

RKint
Beginner

Any news on this?

idata
Community Manager

Hi Randy,

I'm still working on this, I will contact you as soon as I have updates.

I really appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Leonardo R.
idata
Community Manager

Hi Randy,

I think that the only way to install git is building the image from source. We have just tried it and it worked, to do it please follow the next guide: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/Developing-on-Intel-Aero, before you run the command bitbake intel-aero-image you need to edit the /poky/meta-intel-aero/recipes-core/images/intel-aero-image.bb file and add the git recipe IMAGE_INSTALL += "git".

We want to apologize for the delay in our response, but consider that custom images are out of our support scope and we have tried our best to help you.

I hope this works for you.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,

Leonardo R.

View solution in original post

RKint
Beginner

Thanks for the help. After _much_ reading about yocto, I was able to build an iso image.

Related question:

Do you know if yocto build also produces a bios update? I see multiple .rpm files in the build directory but cannot figure out if one of them is the updated bios.

Thanks again,

- Randy

idata
Community Manager

Hi Randy,

As far as I know, they are independent, but I'm not sure because I have never used these .rpm files. The best recommendation that I can give you is to use the standard BIOS version provided here: https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-setup.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Leonardo R.