I would like to connect a TFmini LIDAR to my intel-aero drone
I have taken some tips from this guide that displays how to connect PX4Flow:
https://www.instructables.com/id/Intel-Aero-Drone-Altitude-and-Position-Hold-Using-/ Intel Aero Drone - Altitude and Position Hold Using PX4Flow: 11 Steps (with Pictures)
- I have flashed the FPGA with the file aero-rtf_i2c.jam
- I have updated the PX4 flight controller to version 1.8.0 (which already contains the driver for TFmini)
- I have solded the drone to the DF13 connector and connected it to the Telemetry port
After that I have followed the following guide
which tells me to assign a value to the parameter https://docs.px4.io/en/advanced_config/parameter_reference.html# SENS_TFMINI_CFG SENS_TFMINI_CFG.
which ,according to this other page
https://docs.px4.io/en/advanced_config/parameter_reference.html# SENS_TFMINI_CFG https://docs.px4.io/en/advanced_config/parameter_reference.html# SENS_TFMINI_CFG
accepts only some specific values according to the Pixhawk port used to connect it
Since I am on Intel-aero and I have connected the lidar to the Telemetry port, which value should I choose?
I have tried 1, copying the configuration for similar lidar (LeddarONE) which requires 1 as value, 6,101,102,103,104.
The one which seems more effective is 1, which adds new entries into the "MAVLINK inspector" section, which are ATTITUTE,ATTITUDE_QUATERNION,LOCAL_POSITION_NED,ALTITUDE,VIBRATION,ESTIMATOR_STATUS and VIBRATION.
I have changed the values of the following paramshttps://docs.px4.io/en/advanced_config/parameter_reference.html# EKF2_AID_MASK EKF2_AID_MASK2https://docs.px4.io/en/advanced_config/parameter_reference.html# EKF2_HGT_MODE EKF2_HGT_MODE
but it seems the lidar does not influences the perception of the drone.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thank you for your help
Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Drone.
Could you tell me the output of this command?
nsh> tfmini info
Can you also tell me the output of nsh> tfmini start ?
I'm facing the same issue, I'm using the TFmini lidar sensor, I don't know how to let the drone recognize this sensor. I connect the sensor with the telemetry port.
In my case, the output of "nsh> tfmini info " is "nsh: tfmini: command not found".
Can you help me with this issue? I appreciate your help.
You will need to build the latest px4 firmware as it already has the driver included.
You can see here (line 15):
Thank you Alexandra,
I'm very new to drones and I'm not familiar with Linux System. But, I figured it out with your help.
1. I followed all the instructions here https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-setup 02 Initial Setup · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero Wiki · GitHub and https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/90-(References)-OS-user-Installation 90 (References) OS user Installation · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero Wiki · GitHub
2. I downloaded the latest PX4 firmware (aerofc-v1_default.px4) through this link: https://github.com/PX4/Firmware/releases Releases · PX4/Firmware · GitHub
3. Update the firmware as it described here https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/90-(References)-OS-user-Installation# flight-controller 90 (References) OS user Installation · intel-aero/meta-intel-aero Wiki · GitHub
4. Open the QGroundControl software, connect with the drone through common links (I use TCP/IP), then you will find the TFmini in the sensor parameters as the image below shows. Configure the parameters as it described here https://docs.px4.io/en/sensor/rangefinders.html# configuration https://docs.px4.io/en/sensor/rangefinders.html# configuration
Hope this can help anyone new to drones and coding...
Thank you again,