cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FDAlt
New Contributor I

infinite loop : attempting reboot on /dev/ttyS1 with baudrate

Hello,

I am updating the flight controller of my intel-aero using the commands given in the guide

cd /etc/aerofc/px4

sudo aerofc-updade.sh nuttx-aerofc-v1-default.px4

unfortunately,those commands worked fine for a couple of times, but now they get stuck into an infinite loop of

attempting reboot on /dev/ttyS1 with baudrate=[number]

Does anybody have a solution to this matter? I have tried to reboot the drone as someone suggested on some guide, but it has been ineffective.

Another question. Is the flight controller the small board, attached to the bootom of the main board? If it is, I would like to replace it with another one of the same time in order to check if it is a problem of this particular chip

Thank you very much for your help

Francesco

0 Kudos
8 Replies
FDAlt
New Contributor I

Furthermore,if i run sudo aerofc-get-version.sh it returns the following message

(error(111, 'Connection refused'), 'sleeping')

(error(111, 'Connection refused'), 'sleeping')

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/sbin/aerofc-get-version.py", line 29, in

mav_con = mavutil.mavlink_connection('tcp:'+tcp_ip_port)

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pymavlink/mavutil.py", line 1203, in mavlink_connection

return mavtcp(device[4:], source_system=source_system, retries=retries, use_native=use_native)

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pymavlink/mavutil.py", line 941, in __init__

self.port.connect(self.destination_addr)

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 228, in meth

return getattr(self._sock,name)(*args)

socket.error: [Errno 111] Connection refused

It looks like it is not able to communicate with the fligh control hardware at all

idata
Community Manager

Hello francesco.dalterio,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Ready to Fly.

On https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-Setup# flashing-the-flight-controller-rtf-only Flashing the Flight Controller there is a solution for resolving the infinite loop issue:

run the command: aerofc-force-bootloader-pin.py 1 to force flight stack go to bootloader and start the update, then update, and after the update run: aerofc-force-bootloader-pin.py 0

Please let us know if this resolves your issue!

Best regards,

Eliza

FDAlt
New Contributor I

Unfortunately this command is uneffective, I already tried it.

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for the confirmation!

Could you please let us know if you have tried to flash Ardupilot? Do you receive the same output?

Thank you,

Eliza
FDAlt
New Contributor I

Yes i have tried to flash ardupilot and also PX4 1.8.0 from source. they all give the same output.

This happens on different droned(we have 7 intel-aero) it is like sometimes they cannot communicate with the flight controller chip.There should be some bug in the board

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for the information provided!

Could you please give us the output of: Thank you,

Eliza
idata
Community Manager

Could you please let me know the the output of aero-get-version.py and uname -a ?

Thank you,

Eliza
HubertWoods
Beginner

Hi, idata Team members,

sorry to bother you here, but I do have the same problem(INF LOOP) in this 2021,I check my output for the drone, it shows that "

BIOS_VERSION = Aero-01.00.16

OS_VERSION = Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS"

AIRMAP_VERSION = 1.8

FPGA_VERSION = 0xc0

AeroFC firmware version = unknown

"

And I tried to connect to the QGC, but it didn't work, even if I use the ssh.

Before I ask you, I actually had re-installed ubuntu over 20 times in different settings, but each time I did the install when I reboot, it just shows that"Loading initial ramdisk" and stuck here.

And that's why I just go back to the Yocoto, however, as you can see, when I have done all the other flash and came to the AeroFC firmware, it just goes to an inf loop and checks. And I try the option on the wiki to force pin them, but still, it didn't work and go to inf loop again.

I don't know if the support is still here now, but I really want to have a try.

Thanks a lot and taking care!