Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

updating image

The Boot Manager on my Intel Aero Board can't see the USB so I can't opt for boot from USB key. When I open grub shell I can see new appearances when I attach USB but I can't open it.

The USB is vfat formated, with the intel-aero-image-intel-aero-1.6.1.iso image; the USB is attached by USB 3 hub (together with keyboard and mouse) but I do not know if the hub is OTG - perhaps all USB3 are OTG?

When I boot the on board Linux (the Linux which came with the board) I can see the same USB stick, using fdisk -f command and I can mount it and later explore the device. I can't see the USB with df command!

I assume the problem is in the board BIOS setup? What would be the right BIOS setup?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello pvidic,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel Aero Compute Board.

Can you please tell me if you are following the steps in the following link:

https://github.com/intel-aero/meta-intel-aero/wiki/02-Initial-Setup# flashing-the-bios

Let me know if this helps,

Regards,

Casandra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Yes, I did follow the steps provided for creating USB flash with the downloaded yocto image and i used Linux command dd for transferring iso to usb, as is proposed in the link you mentioned.

Finally I have solved the problem by using Rufus under windows to create the USB installation - I selected GPT for the target system.

Can you help me to understand why the USB created in two steps couldn't be recognized as boot option from IntelAero boot manager:

fdisk.vfat /dev/sdb1

sudo dd if=/path/to/your/image/intel-aero-image-intel-aero-1.6.iso of=/dev/sdb1 bs=1M

Best regards,

Predrag

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello pvidic,

Could you please send me a print screen of the error?

It would be very helpful.

Thank you very much in advance,

Casandra

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello pvidic,

I did find some information on the USB 3.0 OTG here: /message/536901# 536901 Announcement: USB 3.0 OTG cable on click.intel.com .

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Casandra

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi,

I can't send you the print screen of the error message because there was no error message.

Let me repeat:

I had problem with the USB installation (that was the USB that I created with the Linux dd command.): IntelAero board BIOS couldn't recognize the USB as a boot USB!. I could only boot yocto version that came with the board. Interesting is that within that delivered yocto I could see the same USB (mount and examine content).

To solve the problem of flashing fresh yocto, I have had to change form Linux to Windows and use Rufus program to burn the installation USB.

What I'm trying is to understand what could be possible reasons for such behave of the USB that I created with the Linux command dd?

Also i can't start USB ethernet link. Can you provide me some pointers for that topic because I didn't find sufficient documentation for that topic?

Best regards,

Predrag

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello pvidic,

There might be a problem with the USB you are using. Can you tell me what type of USB adapter you are using?

Could you also check out the following: /message/536901# 536901 Announcement: USB 3.0 OTG cable on click.intel.com

What we recommend is using an USB 3.0 OTG.

Regards,

Casandra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello pvidic,

Was the information I previously provided useful?

Let me know if I can assist with anything else.

Regards,

Casandra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you for your information and you can help me also with another question - I want to use pixhawk autopilot with the Intel Aero Board.

Is it possible to connect pixhawk 2.4.8 to IntelAeroBoard without integrating them into the drone.

I hope that you can help me with that.

Best regards,

Predrag

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello pvidic,

Could you please provide more information on what you mean exactly by connecting the pixhawk 2.4.8 to the Intel Aero Board without integrating them into the drone?

What is your project?

Thank you,

Casandra
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Casandra,

My project is developing system of Intel Aero Board with PX4 autopilot for wide range of custom made drones.

I need to have IntelAero and pixhawk working on my table so I can explore capabilities.

Do you have any manual which explains how to connect IntelAero board with the autopilot without buying the whole RTF drone.

What connector on the IntelAero board is dedicated for that purpose?

Best regards,

Predrag

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello pvidic,

Thank you very much for the clarification.

You can find the steps for running PX4 on the Intel Aero Compute Board in the following link:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/aero/apu-170405-pixhawk-flig...

This can be done by using the Aero Compute Board's high-speed UART (HSUART).

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Casandra

0 Kudos