Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

AMT Scripts from Linux or FreeBSD 6

Steven_S_6
Beginner

Hello,

Currently we have few machines that are running intel AMT version: 7.1.52-build 1176.

We have a need to preform a scripted reset. I tried to use CURL method and ran in to issues with the hidden token field, since it changes for each curl call... 

Whats the best way to accomplish a scripted reset ? 

Any help is really appreciated, I need to get this done very soon so please let me know. 

Thank you in advance !

0 Kudos
1 Solution
7 Replies
Gael_H_Intel

Hello,

I'm not sure what you mean by a "Scripted Reset?"  Are you trying to put AMT back to Factory Mode via a script?  

Gael

0 Kudos
Steven_S_6
Beginner

Gael Hofemeier (Intel) wrote:

Hello,

I'm not sure what you mean by a "Scripted Reset?"  Are you trying to put AMT back to Factory Mode via a script?  

Gael

Hello,

Thank you very for a reply. 

No, we are trying to remote control -- reset. Basicly do a forced restart using a normal boot. 

When I say scripted, I mean without user interaction. We would like to create a script that reboots computers when a ping or telnet to a port is lost.... 

Forgot to mention, this needs to happen on a linux or freebsd based OS (thats the machine that will run the script to check machine status and upon down status reset it with normal boot)

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

So you are trying to do a Remote Control restart through AMT (just to be clear), correct?  

And you want to do this in the case where you cannot ping it?  But if you can't find it in your network, I'm not sure how you would remotely reset it since you need it to be accessible on the network in order to get the reset command from your script?  Can you ping the ME? 

Gael

0 Kudos
Steven_S_6
Beginner

Gael Hofemeier (Intel) wrote:

So you are trying to do a Remote Control restart through AMT (just to be clear), correct?  

And you want to do this in the case where you cannot ping it?  But if you can't find it in your network, I'm not sure how you would remotely reset it since you need it to be accessible on the network in order to get the reset command from your script?  Can you ping the ME? 

Gael

Hello,

Yes we want to do a remote reset/restart if the OS IP is not reachable. The AMT portion stays available, but OS is eather frozen or is not accessable. 

We want to make a script to run on our Linux/FreeBSD machine in order to accomplish the above. Script will ping or telnet/NC to the OS IP and if that IP is not reachable it will reset/reload/reboot the machine via AMT remote control.

I hope I`m making my self clearer now.

0 Kudos
Roman_S_4
Novice
0 Kudos
Steven_S_6
Beginner

Roman S. wrote:

Try this - http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/amtc/ .

Roman,

THANK YOU SO MUCH !

This is exactly what I was looking exactly for this ! I dont know googling it did not return any results... Its a little pain to compile on older system, but works like a charm !

0 Kudos
Roman_S_4
Novice

works like a charm !

Thank you for your report.

0 Kudos