Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

AMT features dissapeared on Acer laptop

vzvezda
Beginner

I have Acer Travelmate 6592G laptop and once enabled the AMT in BIOS I have got the following message during the boot sequence:

"Failed Getting version from FW"

Also the AMT features seems to be dissapeared, I cannot enter the ME configuration (there is no prompt to enter ME setup anymore). Morever the when the AMT is enabled in BIOS the laptop does not boot sometimes (just cycles power on and off).

My question: is it possible to recover somehow the Intel AMT?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gael_H_Intel
Quoting - earlnsk

I have Acer Travelmate 6592G laptop and once enabled the AMT in BIOS I have got the following message during the boot sequence:

"Failed Getting version from FW"

Also the AMT features seems to be dissapeared, I cannot enter the ME configuration (there is no prompt to enter ME setup anymore). Morever the when the AMT is enabled in BIOS the laptop does not boot sometimes (just cycles power on and off).

My question: is it possible to recover somehow the Intel AMT?

Hello,

Are you saying that at one time AMT was actually working? When you say you enabled AMT, can you describe what all you did? Were you able to connect to AMT using the Web UI? What settings in your BIOS did you change, and did you go into the ME configurations and enable AMT and then configure AMT? What version of AMT is this? Is it 4.0? or AMT 2.6?

Normally, the first line of defense is to do a CMOS clear, but since this is a Labtop that can be tricky - it varies from OEM to OEM. Sometimes there is an otpion in the BIOS, for example.

0 Kudos
vzvezda
Beginner

Hello,

Are you saying that at one time AMT was actually working? When you say you enabled AMT, can you describe what all you did? Were you able to connect to AMT using the Web UI? What settings in your BIOS did you change, and did you go into the ME configurations and enable AMT and then configure AMT? What version of AMT is this? Is it 4.0? or AMT 2.6?

Normally, the first line of defense is to do a CMOS clear, but since this is a Labtop that can be tricky - it varies from OEM to OEM. Sometimes there is an otpion in the BIOS, for example.

Yes, it was working and I was able to connect using Web UI and control remotely BIOS via the DTK Terminal. The version of AMT is 2.6.

In the notebook BIOS there is an option "AMT Support":Enabled/Disabled. It happened when I switched this options from Enabled to Disabled and than again to Enabled. I was intended to reset the AMT configuration, but the AMT does not recover.

It is a good idea to clear the CMOS, I'll try. Thank you.

0 Kudos