Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

AssetDisplay WS-Man sample Exception

jacace
New Contributor I

Hi there,

I'm trying to run the AssetDisplay WS-Man sample and I'm getting this exception:
{System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80338042): The WS-Management service does not support the specified feature. Remove the unsupported feature from the request and retry.
at WSManAutomation.IWSManSession.Enumerate(Object resourceUri, String filter, String dialect, Int32 flags)
at HW_Assets.Class1.EnumFunc(String RESOURCE, IWSManEnumerator& objResultSetEnum) in C:UsersJavierDesktopMis DocumentosSDKWindowsIntel AMT WS-Management SDKSamplesAssetDisplayAssetDisplay.cs:line 726}

The machine is Win Vista, so WinRM was already installed and I had to setup (with the quickconfig command), to add a listener & to start the service.

The host machine is AMT 3.0 and is provisioned using SMB mode and I can access it now using Director.

Many thanks,

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Did you useKerberos or TLS while configuringWinRM? The samples in the SDK for WS-Man does not support kerberos authentication or TLS encryption. When runnig the samples, you would need to use digest authentication only.

Please refer to this blogfor configuring your WinRM for running the SDK samples.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hi Sree,

No, I'm not using Kerberos or TLS, I'm using digest authentication only.
WinRM is already configured acording that blog post.
I think exception is talking about some request feature that WinRM does not support (I'm using WinVista).

Thanks & waiting for your reply.

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Did you try any other sample from SDK?

The AssetDisplay sample does not use WinRM, it parses XML on it's own. All the other samples use WinRM...

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hi Sree,

Yes, I've tried all other samples and the Exception is the same:
{System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80338042): The WS-Management service does not support the specified feature. Remove the unsupported feature from the request and retry.
at WSManAutomation.IWSManSession.Enumerate(Object resourceUri, String filter, String dialect, Int32 flags)
at AMT_MOF_CLASSES.WSManClient.Enumerate(Type type) in C:UsersJavierDesktopMis DocumentosSDKWindowsIntel AMT WS-Management SDKCommonWSManClient.cs:line 206}

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

I found a similar issue posted on this forum here, but that is using WinXP, and not Win Vista. But it is worth to try the solutions suggested there.

BTW, Are you using an English version of OS? If not,

1. Change OS to an english version OS, and then install english version WinRM.
  2. Or update the ME firmware to a 3.0.7 version or above.

Please let us know if this helps?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

AMT 3.0 doesn't support WSMAN. It will be supported only from 3.2. Is it possible for you to do an upgrade?

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hello Sree,

The OS version is english.
I'll ask here if it's possible to do an upgrade, We're currently in 3.0.1 version, but please give us the steps to do a firmware upgrade.

Many thanks.

Javier Andrs

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

Who is your OEM? Usually, the firmware upgrades can be downloaded from the OEM site.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos
jacace
New Contributor I

Hello Sree,

I did the firmware upgrade (actual version is 3.2.1) and after provisioning again in SMB I sucessfully ran the WS-Man samples, so that was the problem.

Many thanks and pleaseclarify me this:

DMTF makes the CIM and WBEM standards for hw/sw management.

Intel (you) build MOF files from CIM metadata.

MOF files where compiled into C# classes (using mgmtclassgen.exe )

Those classes are used for deserialize XML messages returned by WinRM.

Bye

0 Kudos
Sreelekshm_S_Intel

Hi,

That is right.

Glad to know that the issue is solved.

Thanks,

Sree

0 Kudos