Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

AtmProcessorFamily or AmtProcessorFamily??

mdyetik
Beginner
Hello everyone :)

I am writing a simple code that shows processor information of an AMT machine. I am using Manageability Stack v0.6.937.2

I can see everything except the processor family. When I look at library in object browser, I noticed that there is a type list named:

public ManageabilityStack.AmtHardwareProcessor.AtmProcessorType

is AtmProcessorType naming is correct? I think it should be AmtProcessorType? this is a simple question, I know, but is my opion is correct or not?

this naming makes my program not to show processor names, i think.. what about you? what dou you think about that?

and also samething was applied on

AmtHardwareProcessor.AtmProcessorStatus
AmtHardwareProcessor.AtmProcessorType
AmtHardwareProcessor.AtmProcessorUpgrade

all of "Atm" would be "Amt"??
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
Quoting - mdyetik
Hello everyone :)

I am writing a simple code that shows processor information of an AMT machine. I am using Manageability Stack v0.6.937.2

I can see everything except the processor family. When I look at library in object browser, I noticed that there is a type list named:

public ManageabilityStack.AmtHardwareProcessor.AtmProcessorType

is AtmProcessorType naming is correct? I think it should be AmtProcessorType? this is a simple question, I know, but is my opion is correct or not?

this naming makes my program not to show processor names, i think.. what about you? what dou you think about that?

and also samething was applied on

AmtHardwareProcessor.AtmProcessorStatus
AmtHardwareProcessor.AtmProcessorType
AmtHardwareProcessor.AtmProcessorUpgrade

all of "Atm" would be "Amt"??

Could you expand a little bit on the Manageability Stack, and where it came from? It's not ringing any bells for me, did it come from the vPro Expert Center? Or OpenAMT?

Edit: Ah okay, you're working with the DTK (I knew the name sounded familiar, but I'm used to hearing people mention DTK source first). Actually you would use AtmProcessorStatus, AtmProcessorType, and AtmProcessorUpgrade if you were to use the code as is. The actual class definition for AMTHardwareProcessor is in srcManageabilityStackAmtHardware.cs file in the DTK source code, you can get the source code for this library from the DTK download page. Just do a search for "Source" on here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/download-the-latest-version-of-manageability-developer-tool-kit/ , and you can get the code for the DTK.
0 Kudos
mdyetik
Beginner
thank you for your attention,

I have already downloaded DTK sorce code v.0_6_09037_2. And I am writing a simple application in Visual Studio 2008 by referencing "Manageability Stack.dll" file from this DTK package.

But I noticed my program doesn't show the some areas of AMT machine processor. I think it was result of snytax error, just I think. I am not sure. I looked the source file that you adviced me, AmtHardware.cs file, and I see there is AtmProcessorFamily.

Anyway, I look into Manageability Commander Tool source code from DTK source code, and how intel show processor details that I cannot show, I can learn it correctly, but I wonder just one thing: "Atm" letters in AtmProcessorFamily?? What does ATM means? What does it stands for?
0 Kudos
Andrew_S_Intel2
Employee
Quoting - mdyetik
thank you for your attention,

I have already downloaded DTK sorce code v.0_6_09037_2. And I am writing a simple application in Visual Studio 2008 by referencing "Manageability Stack.dll" file from this DTK package.

But I noticed my program doesn't show the some areas of AMT machine processor. I think it was result of snytax error, just I think. I am not sure. I looked the source file that you adviced me, AmtHardware.cs file, and I see there is AtmProcessorFamily.

Anyway, I look into Manageability Commander Tool source code from DTK source code, and how intel show processor details that I cannot show, I can learn it correctly, but I wonder just one thing: "Atm" letters in AtmProcessorFamily?? What does ATM means? What does it stands for?

I'm guessing it was just a typo combined with a copy paste error when this section of the code, my bet is it doesn't stand for anything.
0 Kudos