Intel® Business Client Software Development
Support for Intel® vPro™ software development and technologies associated with Intel vPro platforms.

CPUID

Peter_Z_
Beginner

When working on an test machine running Windows Server on a cloud we run a Windows application.

It uses WMI (Windows Management Information)'s Processor class to query how many processors there are.

There are 2: both Xeon 14 core 2.6 GHz. But the CPU IDs are equal: F106 0400 FFFB EBBF. It does not matter  to our app but we thought CPU ID

was unique at least on our planet.  

0 Kudos
7 Replies
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Hi Peter,

You can check the following link with information about the information provided by the CPUID instruction. The same CPU models will return the same values.

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Hi Peter,

You can download the Intel® Processor Identification Utility and check the results to understand what CPUID provides for each CPU.

0 Kudos
gaston-hillar
Valued Contributor I

Hi Peter,

Did the info I provided help you to understand what CPUID provides for each CPU?

0 Kudos
Asher__Eli
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to use the Intel Media SDK for Windows -> mediasdk-tutorials-0.0.4 -> simple_3_encode_vmem_async.(project: simple_encode_d3d_async) and after the compilation process I got the following error:

C3861  '__cpuid': identifier not found (common_utils.cpp  line:466)

Please your help, thanks!

Eli

0 Kudos
Asher__Eli
Beginner

Hi,

I downloaded the Intel® Media SDK for Windows ---> simple_3_encode_vmem_async ---> simple_encode_d3d_async, the compilation process is done but when I run the application - in file crt0dat.c (line:774) - when application calls to function ExitProcess(status) - the application was exit with error number 0.

Please your help how to resolve this problem.

Thanks!

Eli

0 Kudos
Asher__Eli
Beginner

Hi,

I downloaded the software package of Intel® Media SDK for Windows ---> simple_3_encode_vmem_async ---> simple_encode_d3d_async, the compilation process is done but when I run the application - in file crt0dat.c (line:774) - when application calls to function ExitProcess(status) - the application was exit with error number 0.

Thanks!

Eli

0 Kudos
Asher__Eli
Beginner

Hi,

I downloaded the software package of Intel® Media SDK for Windows ---> simple_3_encode_vmem_async ---> simple_encode_d3d_async, the compilation process is done but when I run the application - in file crt0dat.c (line:774) - when application calls to function ExitProcess(status) - the application was exit with error number 0.

Thanks!

Eli

0 Kudos